Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,583 Members 37,646 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Any word of the AT&T LTE version launch?

Tip us?

sycotik
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Any word of the AT&T LTE version launch?

I am in need of a new tablet to replace my original kindle fire. I was about to pull the trigger on a Tab S when I saw a blurb about AT&T and an LTE model. If it is right around the corner, I will wait. If it is 2 months down the road, I will go ahead and get the one out now.

Any release dates that you guys know of?

kenkiller
Old
Thanks Meter 444
None. Samsung will release when Samsung wants to release.

Daagen
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenkiller View Post
None. Samsung will release when Samsung wants to release.
I think it's more like when AT&T wants to release it..

sycotik
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Well I guess it does not have to be an AT&T one. I read that they were going to be the first to release the LTE version. I would gladly get one from someplace else when it comes to the US.

fletch33
Old
Thanks Meter 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by sycotik View Post
Well I guess it does not have to be an AT&T one. I read that they were going to be the first to release the LTE version. I would gladly get one from someplace else when it comes to the US.
i have 42 days left to return mine and thought about getting a Verizon version. my tablets have always been wifi with my phone as modem when needed but thought it might be nice to have it built in.

sadly i suspect that if i would get a carrier model even if i wanted to pay full retail i would end up with locked bootloader and carrier app garbage all over it?

dmunjal
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by fletch33 View Post
i have 42 days left to return mine and thought about getting a Verizon version. my tablets have always been wifi with my phone as modem when needed but thought it might be nice to have it built in.

sadly i suspect that if i would get a carrier model even if i wanted to pay full retail i would end up with locked bootloader and carrier app garbage all over it?
And slow updates. If ever.