Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Write protected

OP stoehner

17th August 2014, 01:24 AM   |  #1  
stoehner's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Arlington
Thanks Meter: 43
 
315 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Donate to Me
Seem to be having an issue. Every time I restore a nandroid, I can't backup files with tibu and also have problems deleting files with file managers. I try the SD fix but it says I already am able to write to SD. Please any help would be appreciated,
17th August 2014, 03:06 AM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 899
 
808 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2009
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoehner

Seem to be having an issue. Every time I restore a nandroid, I can't backup files with tibu and also have problems deleting files with file managers. I try the SD fix but it says I already am able to write to SD. Please any help would be appreciated,

long story short u will need to factory reset but do NOT restore...instead use titanium backup to restore apps from within the nandroid u made but see the link below for more details

http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...t2817100/page8
^FILE FIX (see post #80...it describes the issue plus a few fixes)
Last edited by THEDEVIOUS1; 17th August 2014 at 04:52 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to THEDEVIOUS1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th August 2014, 09:21 AM   |  #3  
ifly4vamerica's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 318
 
1,281 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
More
If you are having trouble with internal memory try using terminal emulator
type su
press enter
then type restorecon -v -R /data/media
press enter
and see if you can write to internal and/or external
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ifly4vamerica For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th August 2014, 01:05 PM   |  #4  
stoehner's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Arlington
Thanks Meter: 43
 
315 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Donate to Me
Thanks
11th December 2014, 10:09 AM   |  #5  
MaddKorben's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
58 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifly4vamerica

If you are having trouble with internal memory try using terminal emulator
type su
press enter
then type restorecon -v -R /data/media
press enter
and see if you can write to internal and/or external

You're my savior! Spent several hours looking for solution and your guide helped me. After restoring my nandroid backup, I've got write protection to internal SD card. Now everything is fine.

Thanks again!
The Following User Says Thank You to MaddKorben For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th December 2014, 03:39 PM   |  #6  
ifly4vamerica's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 318
 
1,281 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddKorben

You're my savior! Spent several hours looking for solution and your guide helped me. After restoring my nandroid backup, I've got write protection to internal SD card. Now everything is fine.

Thanks again!

Awesome glad that worked for you!

Note 3 Sent
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes