Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,524 Members 41,990 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] best (fasest) pdf reader

Tip us?

4varic3
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] best (fasest) pdf reader

hey guys,
anyone any intel about pdf reader? i'm using mantano reader pro so far. mainly for bigger documents (100-200mb ish)... i'm wondering if there's a faster reader out there after i tried a couple other ones like ebookdroid, ezpdf, radaee and so forth, especially for this type of hardware in our tf700
cheers

edan1979
Old
Thanks Meter 778

DONATE TO ME
hace you try hancom pdf reader? i find it working fine...

Markuzy
Old
Thanks Meter 120
Ironically, Dropbox previews PDFs faster for me

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Bluehacks
Old
Thanks Meter 156
you can also try Moon Reader app- its amazing

leojab
Old
Thanks Meter 32
I tried Moon reader and PDF MAX 4. PDF MAX 4 is fast in rendering the PDF files.
Moon Reader has got some jerks while going to next page unless somebody can let me know whether some settings is required (There is no page flip animation or anything and PDF render quality is Low)

Good point on Moon reader is it can read also epubs in addition to PDFs
Phones / Tablets:Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005, Nokia N8 (secondary)
Be not simple good, be good for something

4varic3
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
tested all the apps mentioned in this thread, but i'm still not satisfied... so far mantano is still the best bet for having the best compromise.

unfortunately apperantly none of those pdf viewers out there is fast enough to not having that half second delay (or even more) when flipping through the pages.
basicly i'm looking for that in specific. i wanna be able to browse through a document without any delay (especially when i'm looking for something specific in any document and therefor not reading every single page).

maybe anyone got some experiences about that with paid apps? so far i haven't had a look into those...

Armpowered
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4varic3 View Post
tested all the apps mentioned in this thread, but i'm still not satisfied... so far mantano is still the best bet for having the best compromise.
Dumb suggestion, have you tried the Adobe reader, for me it seems to be one of the fastest (I used to avoid it from years of PC/Windows prejudice)?

4varic3
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
yeah tried it aswell... it'a actually not the slowest of all you're right about that, but still not fast enough for what it should be in my opinion, plus it lacks in features

is it just me thinking that way? maybe i'm just expecting too much? a device with that hardware built-in should in my opinion be capable of scrolling through pages without having a delay (even if it's just a tiny one. i'm totally aware of that) with the matching app of course...

i mean, i'm not having such "problems" on my notebook either, and the hrdware in there isn't much better

edan1979
Old
Thanks Meter 778

DONATE TO ME
the hardware is capable... but doesn't mean the software is optimize to every device...