Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,363 Members 47,011 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Paper Garden for Canadian Tab S?

Tip us?

esgie
Old
Thanks Meter 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by budeone View Post
USA here also.
So it's probably not really a country issue, as it gives two different results even for devices from the same country. I bet some components like additional app, library or most likely additional framework component may be needed; my very first idea is that the app cannot resolve the country at all because of missing additional framework componet designed to be a proxy between app and some Samsung core mechanisms. Checking country using that interface fails, but as there is no fc it seems that programmers assumed that such a situation may happen and the code is probably handling the exception in some trivial way, ie. by providing bulk country code, which isn't indeed papergarden-enabled because... it does not exist. That's the reason of displaying an info about unsupported region.

That's only a theory but better that than nothing.

Can someone look throughout the contents of /system/framework or /system/lib for a files with a names that can be easily connected with "papergarden" or "adobe" or "magazine"?

Is it possible to provide a ONLY filelist of whole /system of Tab S? Dont want to download whole dump....
The Following User Says Thank You to esgie For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bckrupps
Old
Thanks Meter 103
Would be awesome if someone with programming talent unlike me lol figured it out

arkha
Old
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Hi, you can use TUNNEL BEAR app.

eSSeMM
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I installed the app on my S 8.4. I created a Samsung account and added a few of the free magazines to my library but why I try and read any of them I get a "failed to install. (300)" error.

Tablet was bought from Amazon in the UK but the CSC is for The Netherlands.