Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[bootanimation] Star Trek LCARS Boot Animation

8th December 2014, 10:38 PM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Omaha
Thanks Meter: 147

Donate to Me
More
Pulled my LCARS boot animation out of mothballs and it looks great on the Tab S 10.5. Thought I would share it if anyone was interested! I just renamed the bootanimation.zip located under \system\media\ to bootanimation.old, copied mine to the same location and renamed it bootanimation.zip. I believe you have to be rooted to do this.

Enjoy!!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8r...ew?usp=sharing

Video from when I had it on my ASUS Transformer:
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HuskerWebhead For This Useful Post: [ View ]

9th December 2014, 02:16 AM |#2  
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 912

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerWebhead

Pulled my LCARS boot animation out of mothballs and it looks great on the Tab S 10.5. Thought I would share it if anyone was interested! I just renamed the bootanimation.zip located under \system\media\ to bootanimation.old, copied mine to the same location and renamed it bootanimation.zip. I believe you have to be rooted to do this.

Enjoy!!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8r...ew?usp=sharing

Video from when I had it on my ASUS Transformer:

I tryed copying boot animations to system/media. There's no boot animation zip or anything. Even when I try to copy it looks, it still shows the same Samsung logo. How did you manage to do this? I thought Samsung had different ways of doing boot animations! Help! Thanks though or for sharing this! Is there anyway to make a flash able zip?

Sent from SMT800 using Tapatalk.
-Helper around Tab S forums√
Active Everyday√
9th December 2014, 02:59 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Omaha

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHAsianSKILLZ

I tryed copying boot animations to system/media. There's no boot animation zip or anything. Even when I try to copy it looks, it still shows the same Samsung logo. How did you manage to do this? I thought Samsung had different ways of doing boot animations! Help! Thanks though or for sharing this! Is there anyway to make a flash able zip?

Active Everyday√

You have to find where your current bootanimation.zip is on your device. Depends on the software or ROM you're currently running. It might also be under \data\media. I'm not skilled enough to put things into flashable zips yet, but I'm working on it. If someone else wants to take my animation and do that, go for it!
9th December 2014, 03:17 PM |#4  
Flag Columbus

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

You have to find where your current bootanimation.zip is on your device. Depends on the software or ROM you're currently running. It might also be under \data\media. I'm not skilled enough to put things into flashable zips yet, but I'm working on it. If someone else wants to take my animation and do that, go for it!

Did you put it on your tab S? I'll look into those folders to see if I can find boot animation zip.

Active Everyday√
11th December 2014, 11:45 AM |#5  
Flag Right here... Right now
Thanks Meter: 315

More
Sounds like somebody didn't really try this out first...

Samsung doesn't use bootanimation.zip anymore and hasn't for a while now...

The file you are looking for is system/media/bootsamsung.qmg ... a zip won't work there ... you will need a proper .qmg boot file that's made compatible with samsung ... they have craploads if these on the Galaxy Note 3 forum ... if you look for the ones in landscape mode they work ok but the resolution on some of them is blown out due to screen sizing.

click here for 180+ qmg boots from user KachowPow

I'm using the Iron Man .qmg right now and it works .
11th December 2014, 02:56 PM |#6  
Flag Columbus

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by b00mb00mchuck

The file you are looking for is system/media/bootsamsung.qmg ... a zip won't work there ... you will need a proper .qmg boot file that's made compatible with samsung ... they have craploads if these on the Galaxy Note 3 forum ... if you look for the ones in landscape mode they work ok but the resolution on some of them is blown out due to screen sizing.

Thank you! That's what I thought too. I only saw the qmg file and no zips.

Active Everyday√
11th December 2014, 04:13 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Omaha

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

To be fair, I DID try this out on my own Tab S, I'm just using a CyanogenMod ROM so the .zip does still work for those. But, I wasn't aware that stock Samsung doesn't use the .zip anymore....good to know.
11th December 2014, 05:59 PM |#8  
Flag Columbus

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

To be fair, I DID try this out on my own Tab S, I'm just using a CyanogenMod ROM so the .zip does still work for those. But, I wasn't aware that stock Samsung doesn't use the .zip anymore....good to know.

Do you know any threads with installers in it? I did have cm11 but I install a custom kernel on stock and battery life improved. I trued installing a custom boot animation before but ended up with no animations. I don't wanna mess this up again. Thank you in advance.

Active Everyday√
11th December 2014, 10:06 PM |#9  
Flag Right here... Right now
Thanks Meter: 315

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHAsianSKILLZ

Do you know any threads with installers in it? I did have cm11 but I install a custom kernel on stock and battery life improved. I trued installing a custom boot animation before but ended up with no animations. I don't wanna mess this up again. Thank you in advance.

If you are using a rom that accepts a bootanimation.zip file... just download JRummy's ROM Toolbox app from the playstore....

It has the function to inject a bootanimation.zip in the proper directory and change the permissions for you... and it has a bazillion bootanimations to choose from...

JRummy's ROM Toolbox app link to playstore

Instructions on how to use ROM Toolbox for bootanimation.zip install...

Last edited by b00mb00mchuck; 11th December 2014 at 10:13 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to b00mb00mchuck For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th December 2014, 05:41 PM |#10  
Flag Columbus

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

If you are using a rom that accepts a bootanimation.zip file... just download JRummy's ROM Toolbox app from the playstore....

It has the function to inject a bootanimation.zip in the proper directory and change the permissions for you... and it has a bazillion bootanimations to choose from...

JRummy's ROM Toolbox app link to playstore

Instructions on how to use ROM Toolbox for bootanimation.zip install...

Thank you! I followed the thread you linked to and it actually worked! Just had to rename and copy!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread