Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,117 Members 47,438 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Android L for Galaxy W? In Custom way?

Tip us?
 
theloneseeker
Old
#11  
theloneseeker's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 441
Posts: 303
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Thrissur
I strongly doubt that our device could get an Android L update.

The default runtime of android l is ART runtime.Our device does'nt hold that much of system memory for apps.

The only chance is to make a switchable runtime like in Kitkat (Dalvik/Art) or creating a new partition .

Anyway these are all guess and lets see what magic our Great devs can bring to our small beloved device.
 
Redwraith96
Old
#12  
Redwraith96's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 62
Posts: 273
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Torino
Quote:
Originally Posted by theloneseeker View Post
I strongly doubt that our device could get an Android L update.

The default runtime of android l is ART runtime.Our device does'nt hold that much of system memory for apps.

The only chance is to make a switchable runtime like in Kitkat (Dalvik/Art) or creating a new partition .

Anyway these are all guess and lets see what magic our Great devs can bring to our small beloved device.
A swap partition for art can't help?
ROM: CM11 AOKP 21/07/2014 by K_TECH +Autorun Manger+ UUcleaner+Trickster Mod(Donate Version)
Kernel:3.4.99 K^Kernel OC 406Mb
Governor: Ondemand
Scheduler: Noop
CWM: 6.0.5.0

Tweak : Turbo Boost -->200Mb(data)/50Mb(cache) | Zram disabled | Odexed Frame+Sys
The Following User Says Thank You to Redwraith96 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
sir mordred
Old
#13  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 423
Posts: 423
Join Date: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by theloneseeker View Post
I strongly doubt that our device could get an Android L update.

The default runtime of android l is ART runtime.Our device does'nt hold that much of system memory for apps.

The only chance is to make a switchable runtime like in Kitkat (Dalvik/Art) or creating a new partition .

Anyway these are all guess and lets see what magic our Great devs can bring to our small beloved device.
Problem is not a system partition because system partition size(550mb) should be enough because at the moment with latest cm11+gapps i have a 150 mb free space on my system partition so i think our phone can/will handle next android release but we cant know at the moment so im not sure

But main problem is small cache partition
İt is just 60 mb
For that reason we are using some dirty workarounds(in my opinion) like this https://github.com/arco/android_devi...cd2202a9f629f3 with that workaround apps is using /data partition instead of /cache partition for dalvik-caching operations
Why im saying this is dirty workaround? Because i think each operation should use its own partition

Repartition is a real fix for that kind of problems but this way is a very dangerous and have brick risk

İm planning to make some experiments like this:
-With fdisk im planning to split out my internat sdcard(1.7 GB ,mmcblk0p28) to 2 new partitions(first partition will be mmcblk0p28 and have 1.3 GB size and second partition will be mmcblk0p29 and have 400 MB size)
Then we will use mmcblk0p29 as cache partition
-For that firstly we need to format the partition as ext4(because internal sd is vfat but cache partition must be ext4 fs type formatted)
-After converting from vfat to ext4 of new mmcblk0p29 partition, we will change cache partition from mmcblk0p16 to 29 through fstab.qcom
-and last thing we need to do is removing/disabling previous workaround so we will change the following build.prop line dalvik.vm.dexopt-data-only=1 to dalvik.vm.dexopt-data-only=0

This is the cleanest way i think because we arent touching to main partitions(system,data and cache)
We just need to split it internal sd(1.7 GB)

Regards
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sir mordred For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
theloneseeker
Old
#14  
theloneseeker's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 441
Posts: 303
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Thrissur
Quote:
Originally Posted by sir mordred View Post
Problem is not a system partition because system partition size(550mb) should be enough because at the moment with latest cm11+gapps i have a 150 mb free space on my system partition so i think our phone can/will handle next android release but we cant know at the moment so im not sure

But main problem is small cache partition
İt is just 60 mb
For that reason we are using some dirty workarounds(in my opinion) like this https://github.com/arco/android_devi...cd2202a9f629f3 with that workaround apps is using /data partition instead of /cache partition for dalvik-caching operations
Why im saying this is dirty workaround? Because i think each operation should use its own partition

Repartition is a real fix for that kind of problems but this way is a very dangerous and have brick risk

İm planning to make some experiments like this:
-With fdisk im planning to split out my internat sdcard(1.7 GB ,mmcblk0p28) to 2 new partitions(first partition will be mmcblk0p28 and have 1.3 GB size and second partition will be mmcblk0p29 and have 400 MB size)
Then we will use mmcblk0p29 as cache partition
-For that firstly we need to format the partition as ext4(because internal sd is vfat but cache partition must be ext4 fs type formatted)
-After converting from vfat to ext4 of new mmcblk0p29 partition, we will change cache partition from mmcblk0p16 to 29 through fstab.qcom
-and last thing we need to do is removing/disabling previous workaround so we will change the following build.prop line dalvik.vm.dexopt-data-only=1 to dalvik.vm.dexopt-data-only=0

This is the cleanest way i think because we arent touching to main partitions(system,data and cache)
We just need to split it internal sd(1.7 GB)

Regards
Nice thinking and good luck
 
Redwraith96
Old
#15  
Redwraith96's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 62
Posts: 273
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Torino
Quote:
Originally Posted by sir mordred View Post
Problem is not a system partition because system partition size(550mb) should be enough because at the moment with latest cm11+gapps i have a 150 mb free space on my system partition so i think our phone can/will handle next android release but we cant know at the moment so im not sure

But main problem is small cache partition
İt is just 60 mb
For that reason we are using some dirty workarounds(in my opinion) like this https://github.com/arco/android_devi...cd2202a9f629f3 with that workaround apps is using /data partition instead of /cache partition for dalvik-caching operations
Why im saying this is dirty workaround? Because i think each operation should use its own partition

Repartition is a real fix for that kind of problems but this way is a very dangerous and have brick risk

İm planning to make some experiments like this:
-With fdisk im planning to split out my internat sdcard(1.7 GB ,mmcblk0p28) to 2 new partitions(first partition will be mmcblk0p28 and have 1.3 GB size and second partition will be mmcblk0p29 and have 400 MB size)
Then we will use mmcblk0p29 as cache partition
-For that firstly we need to format the partition as ext4(because internal sd is vfat but cache partition must be ext4 fs type formatted)
-After converting from vfat to ext4 of new mmcblk0p29 partition, we will change cache partition from mmcblk0p16 to 29 through fstab.qcom
-and last thing we need to do is removing/disabling previous workaround so we will change the following build.prop line dalvik.vm.dexopt-data-only=1 to dalvik.vm.dexopt-data-only=0

This is the cleanest way i think because we arent touching to main partitions(system,data and cache)
We just need to split it internal sd(1.7 GB)

Regards
Umm very interesting if you want some testers,i'm here.
ROM: CM11 AOKP 21/07/2014 by K_TECH +Autorun Manger+ UUcleaner+Trickster Mod(Donate Version)
Kernel:3.4.99 K^Kernel OC 406Mb
Governor: Ondemand
Scheduler: Noop
CWM: 6.0.5.0

Tweak : Turbo Boost -->200Mb(data)/50Mb(cache) | Zram disabled | Odexed Frame+Sys
 
denizsen97
Old
#16  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 14
Join Date: Jan 2013
If you have cm11 theme chooser:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/andr...ready-t2802979
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...cons.moonshine
Settings>Performance>Force high-end graphics>check

AND YOU HAVE L IN YOUR WONDER(I LOVE MY WONDER)
 
smartiescoke
Old
#17  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 13
Join Date: Jun 2014
what is android L? can someone tell me about it please?
 
arsradu
Old
#18  
arsradu's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2882
Posts: 2,556
Join Date: Apr 2011

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartiescoke View Post
what is android L? can someone tell me about it please?
The upcoming Android version. About it...there are many things to say. You could search YouTube for "Google I/O 2014". There are a lot of new things about it. If you've got time to spend and curiosity, it might be very interesting to watch. This way, you will also answer your own question (and more).
 
smartiescoke
Old
#19  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 13
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsradu View Post
The upcoming Android version. About it...there are many things to say. You could search YouTube for "Google I/O 2014". There are a lot of new things about it. If you've got time to spend and curiosity, it might be very interesting to watch. This way, you will also answer your own question (and more).
whoa! really? awesome! i always been waiting google to update different kind of android version. ui and etc, hope it will come to our wonder soon! XD
 
Samir96
Old
#20  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 7
Join Date: Jul 2014
oh man i love android L ui and statusbar. Hoping our Great Developer can bring this to our Wonder.

#sorry for my bad english.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes