XDA LG Development Challenge Winners

Almost 3months ago, we set out with LGto findtwo amazing apps that developers could put together … more

Wearable Apps w/ Andreas Göransson – XDA:DevCon 2014

XDA:DevCon 2014 in Manchester, UK featured quite a few interesting topics as … more

Browse Your Files with Ease using MK Explorer

Google has made quite an effort in perfecting the powerful and multi-faceted OS that we know as … more

How to Fix the Nexus Available Storage Bug – XDA TV

Is your Nexus device only showing half of the available storage as it should? Many … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Developers..f2fs

OP rabbo3

9th July 2014, 12:36 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16

244 posts
More
hi i see in this web site http://novafusion.pl/downloads/# a recovery based on F2FS partition for s3 mini .... if something can modify for our wonder and try a rom f2fs full ...performance increase much.... how i can try to use this recovery for sgw????
12th July 2014, 11:51 AM   |  #2  
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 82

325 posts
More
I've found this in this thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktulu84

we were trying to use f2fs, but seems we cant... f2fs takes more space to store auxiliary structure of the file system, in /system we can't flash ROM+gapps, it can't fit in there (seems that f2fs takes more than 100MB on /system). we may use it on /data, but we will lose some space, and we don't have too much free room on /data, we don't think is a good idea

12th July 2014, 11:58 AM   |  #3  
Flag Pescara
Thanks Meter: 1,163

1,179 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbo3

hi i see in this web site http://novafusion.pl/downloads/# a recovery based on F2FS partition for s3 mini .... if something can modify for our wonder and try a rom f2fs full ...performance increase much.... how i can try to use this recovery for sgw????

f2fs needs kernel changes, recovery support is already there, in twrp for sure, and i think even on CWM. the problem, as already reported is that maybe it can give some little performance boost (don't give credit to the ones are saying that it gives a second life to the device, is only a file system) but it will make your phone not usable because of the already limited space
The Following User Says Thank You to ktulu84 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th July 2014, 10:27 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

244 posts
More
Why limited space???? is a different partion..
13th July 2014, 10:31 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

244 posts
More
There is a guide to convert ROM and kernel to f2fs the trouble is only create a recovery with f2fs support...
15th July 2014, 01:53 PM   |  #6  
Flag Pescara
Thanks Meter: 1,163

1,179 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbo3

There is a guide to convert ROM and kernel to f2fs the trouble is only create a recovery with f2fs support...

You don't understand... We have already f2fs support in recovery, the problem is in ROM, using f2fs increase the usage of /system and /data partitions, and we don't have it. I'm talking because we already tried, so i know what i'm saying
The Following User Says Thank You to ktulu84 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th July 2014, 09:47 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

244 posts
More
OK now i understand

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread