[Q] Failed to flash ROM, SGW doesn't boot
sorry for bothering you, but I think I might need some help.
I tried to flash ParanoidAndroid
(first try ever to flash a smartphone) but failed 'somehow'.
Initial steps to create the problem
Status of the problem
- Initial Status: Gingerbread on a Galaxy W; Pretty old and pretty messed up
- Download the update.zip to root the smartphone => Becoming root worked!
- Download ParanoidAndroid
- Download Clockwork Recovery
- Created backups using Titanium Backup as root.
- Copied ParanoidAndroid to the GalaxyWs internal sd card (yes, this was my mistake)
- Wipe cach partition => It said, it worked, I don't know if it did
- Rebooted phone => all fine
- Rebooted into recovery mode applied update from SD-Card=> Selected ParanoidAndroid.zip => ErrorMessage (I think it was something like file corrupt, sorry I'm not sure about the specific words, but it sounded like this is no updatefile or this file is not a valid zip file.
- Bootup shows Samsung Logo
- Bootup than shows GalaxyW-Screen Logo
- Bootup than shows the android recovery symbol OR directly reboots
- When trying to open the recovery menu, every second time I get the message "Updating (...) Installing MultiCSC... Can't access /system/csc/DBT/system"
- If opening recovery menu works, I can only acces the internal storage of the galaxy to install an update (tried the paranoidandroid several times, it doesn't work)
- When plugging in the galaxy w to my USB port, I don't get an USB storage shown on my 2 laptops (1 "Windows 7", 1 "Ubuntu 14.0?" )
- neither odin (4.43) nor Heimdall are able to flash any files.
So, simple question, what can I do next?
-I cannot copy clockworkmod to my smartphone
-I don't know if I can easily overwrite the kernel or the bootloader.
I searched the forum but didn't find a clear solution, so sorry if this special configuration was already asked.
Thanks for your help and best regards