[Q] Help me pleaseee...uncryption unsuccessful

Search This thread

aca1213

Sep 12, 2014
When i flashed the rom it says mount: failed to mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p28 at /data failed; no such volume
i dont know it then i flashed gapps and format /system and /data and reboot
Then it says uncryption unsuccesful

Oct 9, 2014
yup, that makes two of us. tried installing lollipop and phone went funky, not sure how to fix it. tried google but nothing helpful, hopefully somebody can help us on this.

Sep 2, 2012
1-Install stock rom using ODIN and use OPS file , don't forget to wipe data after installation completes
2-Install CWM right version for your phone using ODIN
3-Install any ROM you want

hit thanks if it helped , if not please explain in more details your problem

cddot

Jun 21, 2015
Ok, for the Encryption unsuccessfull problem, this is what I did to get my Galaxy W to work.

In addition to format /system, /data etc, I had to format /storage/sdcard0 as EXT4. This gets past the Encryption unsuccessful problem, and I can flash the ROM CM12 and get it running.

But, I'm running into a weird problem that no one else seems to have come across. I can flash gapps 5.1.x, apparently without any failure messages on the flash window, and boot up.

Once the boot up is completed, I cannot see any of the Google apps icons at all !!?

I followed the same flashing process when installing CM 11 and 4.4 gapps, and this works fine. With CM 12, 5.1 gapps, I don't get any Google apps. :confused:

Anyone else came across this?

PS: After looking in the right place, many (all?) have the gapps problem in the cm-12.1-20150912-UNOFFICIAL-ancora thread. But I've also tried the RR rom with OTA updates. RR works - OTA just sits there with a blank page. :confused:

Last edited: