FORUMS

Download Sony’s new AOSP-like concept for Xperia Z3

Over in our forums, Recognized Contributor Jozinek has posted a very … more

OnePlus 2 vs Moto X Style: Which is The Better Flagship?

Two big industry names have announced their newest flagship phones within the … more

Making Your Own Xposed Modules Is Easier Than You Think

Close to the heart of XDA is the Xposed Framework by Rovo89. Most of … more

ZenFone 2 Lolliflash and ZenPower Giveaway!

We recently did an in-depth review of the Asus Zenfone 2 but one of the things people may … more

[Q] Running CM11 on Samsung Galaxy W [i8150] ??

28 posts
Thanks Meter: 2
 
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Dear all,

Recently, due to some instabilities in my previous ROM, I decided to venture into CM11 on my i8150. After looking through the various choices, I decided on EHNDROIX V 14.5.23 for my i8150.

However, after installation pristine method, I noticed that it's very laggy. The swapping of home screens is fine at first, but the starting up of apps will take a long long time. I haven't seen any users complaining that this ROM is laggy (except for one post in the DEV section).

So my question here is this.. did I miss something here? I really do like the CM11 interface better than the CM10.1 (currently using) and would love to go back to CM11 but not until I have solved the lag issue. Any clues?

Also on CM11, somehow the Youtube App doesn't play videos. Saying something like "There's a problem playing the video, Click to try again".. and after numerious times, Youtube App still doesn't play.

Anyone can provide some advice on what went wrong? Thanks in advance

David
 
 
1st July 2014, 07:05 PM |#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
try another kitkat rom, like
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2588495 <--- by arco68 kitkat 4.4.3
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2780150 <--- by lafactorial kitkat dcn 4.4.4
The Following User Says Thank You to achmads For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd July 2014, 02:48 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 2
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by achmads

try another kitkat rom, like
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2588495 <--- by arco68 kitkat 4.4.3
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2780150 <--- by lafactorial kitkat dcn 4.4.4

Hi.. Thanks.. do you use a different kernel with this to improve things like battery life etc? (e.g Hurtsky, Khan's)
Because of the lag, I read that Khan's Kernel helps.. so that helped a bit.. but launching apps still took a long time tho and sometimes it just crashes.

What combination do you use? How is the user experience for this?

Thanks..
2nd July 2014, 07:52 PM |#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by myste.david

Hi.. Thanks.. do you use a different kernel with this to improve things like battery life etc? (e.g Hurtsky, Khan's)
Because of the lag, I read that Khan's Kernel helps.. so that helped a bit.. but launching apps still took a long time tho and sometimes it just crashes.

What combination do you use? How is the user experience for this?

Thanks..

try use dcm 4.4.4 + this kernel 406mb uv version http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2786283

it work fine with me
The Following User Says Thank You to achmads For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th July 2014, 03:05 PM |#5  
Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
Donate to Me
More
What apps that takes long time and crash?
5th July 2014, 03:29 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 2
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by handgun50

What apps that takes long time and crash?

Facebook, Youtube, Waze.. not sure if it's because of not enough memory.. but sometimes it just black screens..
5th July 2014, 04:06 PM |#7  
Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by myste.david

Facebook, Youtube, Waze.. not sure if it's because of not enough memory.. but sometimes it just black screens..

Hmmm... Maybe you have some heavy apps running. You can try this if you want http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2145133

This will make virtual RAM to make phone becomes smoother
The Following User Says Thank You to handgun50 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes