Bogor
sae-pool.blogspot.com
Code:
#include 
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 * DONT ASK/COMPLAIN ABOUT BUGS ! AND DONT ASK FOT ETA's
 * By installing this kernel, your device [COLOR="Red"]will break OTA updates[/COLOR].
 * [B][COLOR="Red"]Do not report to psyke83 if problems occur when using this kernel[/COLOR][/B]
 * And you agree with that. (but you can still get notifications update and install it)
 */

Now i will share GetuX Kernel Cyanogenmod 11 for Galaxy Young GT-S5360 aka TOTORO. Hope you enjoy it :).

Changelogs :
  • Change kernel version to 2.6.35.8
  • FIX : Netfilter
  • ADD new IO Schedulers : SIO, SIOPLUS, VR, ZEN
  • ADD new Governors : Ondemandx, Skywalker, Superbad, Virtous, Wheatly, GalaxyICS
  • FIX minor bugs and other improvement

Link :

How to install :
  1. Make sure your device ALREADY using CM11
  2. Turn off the device and go into CWM
  3. Mount /cache, /data and /system
  4. Install zip and select GetuX_CM11_Totoro_v1_BETA2.zip
  5. Go to advance then reboot recovery
  6. Reboot sytem now

Screenshoots :
10689797_491605260982554_5930613109842682829_n.jpg

1902892_491603354316078_8981280268625275128_n.jpg

10735624_875483022469761_1056792479_n.jpg

Special Thanks to Allah SWT
Credits :
- cleverior.ipul
- Psyke83
- BroadcomCM
- Androidarmv6
- Ahmad Vpart
- Muhammad Alfiyan Syamsuddin
- Amarullz for the Installer
- Afrizal
- Alfiyan
- Rhiski AP
- All testers
- Google & Samsung for the source code
- Galaxy Pocket FB Community
- Official Group Galaxy Young
- Indonesian Developers
- All developers @ XDA
- and all peoples who use this kernel

For more info/update, go here

Source Kernel

DO WITH YOUR OWN RISK
DON'T MAKE A MIRROR LINK WITHOUT PERMISSION FROM ME
I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE OCCUR ON YOUR DEVICE​

XDA:DevDB Information
[KERNEL][CM11] GetuX Kernel v1 BETA 2, Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360

Contributors
cleverior.ipul
Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
Current Beta Version: Beta 2
Beta Release Date: 2014-10-16

Created 2014-10-16
Last Updated 2014-10-16

Last edited:

cleverior.ipul

Nov 1, 2012
Bogor
sae-pool.blogspot.com
Reserved

OLD VERSION

GetuX Kernel v1 BETA 1 for Galaxy Y GT-S5360

Changelogs :
  • Init.d support
  • Ramzswap support
  • SWAP Support
  • zRAM Support
  • Bootsplash
  • 6 CPU Freqs
  • Underclock (up to 156 MHz) & Overclock (up to 1 GHz)

Link :

How to install :
  4. Install zip and select GetuX_CM11_Totoro_v1_BETA1.zip
  6. Reboot sytem now

Screenshoots :

10501824_820557584633909_6222289316849634390_n.jpg

10645110_820557581300576_3742552555812295510_n.jpg

10628013_513524635451496_7136803729339210557_n.jpg

10653683_872207972797266_3132010886655561378_n.jpg

Last edited:

walutisme

May 23, 2013
Banjarmasin
Redmi 9 Power
cm updater are not related to kernel, so update notification will have no problem. dont know about incremental update, as I've read someone said that when we installing incremental update, updater-script will doin some check to make sure everything on system doesnt changed. well, good job, adding many feature to kernel

mms047

Aug 31, 2013
Netrakona
Nice work man.... Getting more governers are great acttually. @cleverior.ipul can u plz addd smartassv2 in next build?? and doess 1.04 ghz actually works????

Last edited:

psyke83

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 29, 2011
As I explained to you already, a custom boot image will break OTA updates* on CM11 - you need to warn users of that fact. You should also make it crystal clear that any further bug reports to me will be not be accepted from testers of custom kernels, which means that you'll need to assume full responsibility for all reports (even errors unrelated to the kernel).

CM11 is not the same as CM7 and CM9 (where a separate kernel was required before installing the ROM, and kernel updates were separate from the ROM itself). CM11 builds include the actual kernel, which is the norm for Android builds in general.

* It breaks delta updates, not full update packages. Delta packages are fetched by the updater when you're one release behind the latest build; in the case of weekly builds, this is the type of update that the majority of users receive (and is the most convenient, due to their smaller size).

Last edited:

cleverior.ipul

Nov 1, 2012
Bogor
sae-pool.blogspot.com
Nice work man.... Getting more governers are great acttually. @cleverior.ipul can u plz addd smartassv2 in next build?? and doess 1.04 ghz actually works????

thanks. Yes i can but maybe i need a tester. cz i dont have this device.

have u install this kernel ?

As I explained to you already, a custom boot image will break OTA updates* on CM11 - you need to warn users of that fact. You should also make it crystal clear that any further bug reports to me will be not be accepted from testers of custom kernels, which means that you'll need to assume full responsibility for all reports (even errors unrelated to the kernel).

CM11 is not the same as CM7 and CM9 (where a separate kernel was required before installing the ROM, and kernel updates were separate from the ROM itself). CM11 builds include the actual kernel, which is the norm for Android builds in general.

* It breaks delta updates, not full update packages. Delta packages are fetched by the updater when you're one release behind the latest build; in the case of weekly builds, this is the type of update that the majority of users receive (and is the most convenient, due to their smaller size).

Thread updated. I already announced that it will break the ota update

Oct 19, 2014
Bacoor
It's good but !

The kernel works great!, only bother for me is that image at boot takes a while and hope you could flash a better image at boot :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * DONT ASK/COMPLAIN ABOUT BUGS ! AND DONT ASK FOT ETA's
     * By installing this kernel, your device [COLOR="Red"]will break OTA updates[/COLOR].
     * [B][COLOR="Red"]Do not report to psyke83 if problems occur when using this kernel[/COLOR][/B]
     * And you agree with that. (but you can still get notifications update and install it)
     */

Now i will share GetuX Kernel Cyanogenmod 11 for Galaxy Young GT-S5360 aka TOTORO. Hope you enjoy it :).

Changelogs :
    • Change kernel version to 2.6.35.8
    • FIX : Netfilter
    • ADD new IO Schedulers : SIO, SIOPLUS, VR, ZEN
    • ADD new Governors : Ondemandx, Skywalker, Superbad, Virtous, Wheatly, GalaxyICS
    • FIX minor bugs and other improvement

Link :

How to install :
    4. Install zip and select GetuX_CM11_Totoro_v1_BETA2.zip
    6. Reboot sytem now

Screenshoots :
    10689797_491605260982554_5930613109842682829_n.jpg

1902892_491603354316078_8981280268625275128_n.jpg

10735624_875483022469761_1056792479_n.jpg

Special Thanks to Allah SWT
    Credits :
    - cleverior.ipul
    - Psyke83
    - BroadcomCM
    - Androidarmv6
    - Ahmad Vpart
    - Muhammad Alfiyan Syamsuddin
    - Amarullz for the Installer
    - Afrizal
    - Alfiyan
    - Rhiski AP
    - All testers
    - Google & Samsung for the source code
    - Galaxy Pocket FB Community
    - Official Group Galaxy Young
    - Indonesian Developers
    - All developers @ XDA
    - and all peoples who use this kernel

For more info/update, go here

Source Kernel

DO WITH YOUR OWN RISK
    DON'T MAKE A MIRROR LINK WITHOUT PERMISSION FROM ME
    I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE OCCUR ON YOUR DEVICE​

XDA:DevDB Information
    [KERNEL][CM11] GetuX Kernel v1 BETA 2, Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360

Contributors
    cleverior.ipul
    Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: Beta 2
    Beta Release Date: 2014-10-16

Created 2014-10-16
    Last Updated 2014-10-16

I wasn't asking you to stop offering your kernel; I was just clarifying the situation regarding OTA update breakage.

You were asking a random user if OTA updates worked, when I (the actual developer who's actually worked on the OTA infrastructure for these devices) already explained the situation clearly in the dev thread. I explained it one more time just to help you see the issue at hand.

It's important that users know that a) OTA updates don't work, and b) not to send bug reports to me when they have a custom kernel. A custom kernel has the potential to cause many problems (not only in the kernel itself, but if your ramdisk has outdated contents), and asking for me to hunt down bugs in someone else's work is just not fair to me.
    siip bro.. hehehe
    can u update ota using this kernel ?

Why can't you trust me on this? It breaks delta updates with 100% certainty (but doesn't break full updates). Users cannot control the type of update fetched (delta vs full) - it's determined by the current build used vs the latest build available on the server.

Imagine three builds - A B and C - (which also sorted by order of date, so A is the oldest and C is the latest). Updating from build A to C will fetch a full package, so your kernel won't break the update. However, going from build B to C will fetch the delta package, and it will fail the checksum verification for the boot image during installation.

In practice, this means that users won't know for sure if an update will succeed unless they observe the size of the update being downloaded as being the full package of 100MB or so. So for all practical purposes, it's clearer to just say that it won't work. Another thing to consider is that when a full update is performed, they will need to reflash your boot image manually (otherwise they will be back to using the official androidarmv6 boot image).

IMHO your warning about ota breakage is not clear enough in post #1.
    Absolutely right!
    It would be the best that you both work together.

That's why I started my dedicated developer thread - to encourage collaboration. The androidarmv6 group itself is fully open to patches and new contributors in general, of which a handful of people are already participating in the project for other devices. Some of those contributors (as well as myself) occasionally submit patches that have the effect of improving the ROMs for all devices, but in most cases it's necessary for patches/fixes to be directed towards particular devices (or families of devices).

The unfortunate truth is that I've been the only one actively submitting changes for bcm21553 devices on the cm11 branch (for the most part, though there have been occasional exceptions). It would be nice if that changed, and I didn't have to be the one doing everything.

http://androidarmv6.github.io/
    http://review.androidarmv6.org/#/q/status:open