An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Project Ara: Modified Android L and Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and software enthusiasts. The … more

Streamline Android Theming with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because I am too … more

[Q] Connect with Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 is not working for Windows 8.1

24th August 2014, 11:08 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Alor Setar, Kedah, Malaysia
Thanks Meter: 2

7 posts
More
I got a new computer(Windows 8.1, 64-bit) in few days ago. When I connected my Galaxy Y GT-S5360 with Windows 8.1(already installed Samsung Galaxy driver software), it's not working with it like "USB connected" in my notification Android phone. I tried many times but still not working it. Can anyone pls help me?
24th August 2014, 11:34 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 2,417

4,462 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyRazOr

I got a new computer(Windows 8.1, 64-bit) in few days ago. When I connected my Galaxy Y GT-S5360 with Windows 8.1(already installed Samsung Galaxy driver software), it's not working with it like "USB connected" in my notification Android phone. I tried many times but still not working it. Can anyone pls help me?

Please see my thread below
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2613615
30th August 2014, 06:19 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcussmith2626

Please see my thread below
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2613615

Quote:

How To Get Windows 8.1 To Recognise USB Mass Storage On Your Phone

I have had the problem for ages that when I connected my Samsung Galaxy GT-S5360 into my Windows 8.1 PC nothing happened - Windows 8.1 simply refused to recognise the device - not even anything in device manager - nothing - nada

However it would recognise the phone if I set the phone to download mode - but I want to use my phone as mass storage

Well after months of trying I finally found a really stupid solution

Solution
Install the usb drivers for your phone as normal
connect the phone to pc via usb cable (nothing happens other then a few beeps as normal)
now plug in any usb dongle that you have already installed on your pc - like a usb wireless mouse dongle
suddenly windows detects the phone and you can now set your phone to mass storage from the phone status bar

Every time you want to connect your phone in mass storage just plug it in then plug in the other usb dongle after

You mean need to use Odin for Galaxy Y S5360 with compatible from XP, Vista, 7 to Windows 8, 8.1? But how to install Odin and firmware???
30th August 2014, 08:25 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag London

4,462 posts
Quote:

You mean need to use Odin for Galaxy Y S5360 with compatible from XP, Vista, 7 to Windows 8, 8.1? But how to install Odin and firmware???

no - read the thread fully - at no point do I mention odin

you just need to plug your phone in then plug in any other usb dongle and the option to connect to mass storage will appear in the phones status bar
31st August 2014, 02:12 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
More
You mean connect my Galaxy Y with Windows 8.1 first, and then what's the USB dongle(is this like flash drive, wired mouse or something?) will detect it in phone status bar?
31st August 2014, 07:48 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag London

4,462 posts
Quote:

You mean connect my Galaxy Y with Windows 8.1 first, and then what's the USB dongle(is this like flash drive, wired mouse or something?) will detect it in phone status bar?

Yes to all above questions (I plug in a USB mouse after plugging in my phone) - works on mine but every laptop is different
1st September 2014, 01:47 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
More
Quote:

Yes to all above questions (I plug in a USB mouse after plugging in my phone) - works on mine but every laptop is different

I tried to unplugged my wired mouse, then connect my phone, finally I connect my wired mouse again and my phone was detected as mass storage in phone status bar!

Thx for your help!!!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread