Updated Android Lollipop Preview Images – XDA TV

The Android Lollipop Preview Images are now available! That and much more news is … more

Get a Complete Set of Logs with Andy Log

The importance of proper logging is undeniable. No, we’re not talking about lumberjack work. … more

Try Some Android Lollipop Applications on Your Device

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been officially announced and lucky users of Google Nexus 5 … more

AutoCon Manages Your Connections to Perserve Battery Life

As we’ve talked about in the past, battery life is still somewhat of a sore … more

[Q] How can Kitkat fit in 180mb internal storage?

OP galaxyYtester

4th July 2014, 11:40 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 13

65 posts
Did the developers scale down the textures or what?

I thought it was never possible but now it is!
4th July 2014, 01:15 PM   |  #2  
Flag most likely in school
Thanks Meter: 131

430 posts
More
uh

You do know that the /data and /system partitions are separate, right?

The 180MB you are talking about is presumably the storage space in /data. However, as you know, the system itself is installed in /system. The /system partition has almost 40MB more space than the /data partition (~220MB). That way, the KK system is able to be installed, just that there is not much space left in /system, with about 20-30MB left in the /system partition after first boot. Also, 90MB of /data is also already taken up on first boot, so you can guess how memory-consuming KK can be.
The Following User Says Thank You to NightRaven49 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th July 2014, 03:52 PM   |  #3  
Flag ghaziabad
Thanks Meter: 1

12 posts
Donate to Me
Cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightRaven49

uh

You do know that the /data and /system partitions are separate, right?

The 180MB you are talking about is presumably the storage space in /data. However, as you know, the system itself is installed in /system. The /system partition has almost 40MB more space than the /data partition (~220MB). That way, the KK system is able to be installed, just that there is not much space left in /system, with about 20-30MB left in the /system partition after first boot. Also, 90MB of /data is also already taken up on first boot, so you can guess how memory-consuming KK can be.

There are a few new devices launched like celkon-campus-a35k or Karbon A50S
Celkon phone sports a 3.5-inch HVGA (320x480p) display and comes packed with 1GHz processor, 256MB RAM, 512MB inbuilt storage (expandable up to 32GB), a 3.2-megapixel main camera, a 0.3-megapixel (VGA) snapper on the front and a 1400 mAh battery.

seems like there is still scope for galaxy -y (as we can still over clock the cpu to 1.2 ghz) to have kitkat...
9th July 2014, 05:26 PM   |  #4  
Flag ghaziabad
Thanks Meter: 1

12 posts
Donate to Me
Angry
well I am a noobee but want to work on this KITKAT on Galaxy Y GT5360
can you please help me to get least sized AOSP for the same

Thanks in Advance.
10th July 2014, 02:07 PM   |  #5  
Flag Sangli, Maharashtra, India, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Galaxy Group,Universe
Thanks Meter: 442

999 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsabhishek19

There are a few new devices launched like celkon-campus-a35k or Karbon A50S
Celkon phone sports a 3.5-inch HVGA (320x480p) display and comes packed with 1GHz processor, 256MB RAM, 512MB inbuilt storage (expandable up to 32GB), a 3.2-megapixel main camera, a 0.3-megapixel (VGA) snapper on the front and a 1400 mAh battery.

seems like there is still scope for galaxy -y (as we can still over clock the cpu to 1.2 ghz) to have kitkat...

I would like to correct you, we cannot overclock to 1.2 GHz.
Kernels like Merruk show 1.2 GHz, but it is purely placebo, not real overclock.

2nd thing we already have kitkat at 832MHz.

And there is no AOSP Kitkat 4.4.x build YET (10th July, 2014) for SGY.
You can get CyanogenMod 11 if you want. But it is not fully stable right now.

Sent from my GT-I9001 Gadget of Mass Destruction with CM11 using XDA Developers App.
Last edited by hnkotnis; 10th July 2014 at 02:10 PM.
10th July 2014, 04:41 PM   |  #6  
Flag ismailia
Thanks Meter: 444

954 posts
More
Galaxy mini 5570 has many kitkat roms and they fit in the same 180 /data and 220 /system and very good for daily use, this rom needs to be first stable, then look abot decreasing consumed memory

Sent from my GT-S5360 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread