Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,537 Members 49,344 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Editing Kernel For Galaxy Y Duos

Tip us?

Hazem442
Old
(Last edited by Hazem442; 21st June 2014 at 11:30 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Question [Q] Editing Kernel For Galaxy Y Duos

My Question is about editing kernel's built In Recovery.
the kernel has cwm recovery but i had a new one so i want make it permanently by editing kernel's recovery
But when i replaced files i fount that the new cwm has folder etc that isn't exist in the kernel so i added it with the files in it and repacked
so the question is
Will That Make Any Thing Wrong In The Kernel?
If yes
What Would Happen If i flashed it?
and if the kernel failed to be flashed what would happen to the phone ?

The Phone Is Galaxy Y Duos
Phone : Galaxy Y Duos
Rom : XDuosV3 v2.0
Kernal : Compact V1.3

aniket.lamba
Old
Thanks Meter 1,326

DONATE TO ME
In the worst situation,your phone will get blasted and you'll suffer from Hypothermia.

Make a backup and then flash the kernel.Nothing will happen until or unless your recovery is not integrated properly.You might probably face a black screen though.
Press Thanks If helped!

Hazem442
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
I already flashed it and recovery is working but i got strange problem that after phone boot up 3 seconds or 5 then it gave the boot animation and open again then the same give the boot animation and open and still luke that until i flash the original kernel
so where is the problem?
to know that the cwm that i add is the same files that i removed from the original kernel except the etc folder that i add .

(_o)
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazem442 View Post
I already flashed it and recovery is working but i got strange problem that after phone boot up 3 seconds or 5 then it gave the boot animation and open again then the same give the boot animation and open and still luke that until i flash the original kernel
so where is the problem?
to know that the cwm that i add is the same files that i removed from the original kernel except the etc folder that i add .
you should not be adding etc folder... in normal boot /etc is symlinked to /system/etc
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1403467893991.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	10.5 KB
ID:	2813182

maybe add recovery folder put your files there and copy to /etc by using recovery.rc :|

Hazem442
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by (_o) View Post
you should not be adding etc folder... in normal boot /etc is symlinked to /system/etc
Attachment 2813182

maybe add recovery folder put your files there and copy to /etc by using recovery.rc :|
thanks for reply
and the kernel worked well after removing etc and add the file inside it in sbin folder