No registration required

[Q] Editing Kernel For Galaxy Y Duos

OP Hazem442

21st June 2014, 12:27 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 19

73 posts
More
My Question is about editing kernel's built In Recovery.
the kernel has cwm recovery but i had a new one so i want make it permanently by editing kernel's recovery
But when i replaced files i fount that the new cwm has folder etc that isn't exist in the kernel so i added it with the files in it and repacked
so the question is
Will That Make Any Thing Wrong In The Kernel?
If yes
What Would Happen If i flashed it?
and if the kernel failed to be flashed what would happen to the phone ?

The Phone Is Galaxy Y Duos
Last edited by Hazem442; 21st June 2014 at 12:30 PM.
22nd June 2014, 11:14 PM   |  #2  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 1,344

2,294 posts
Donate to Me
More
In the worst situation,your phone will get blasted and you'll suffer from Hypothermia.

Make a backup and then flash the kernel.Nothing will happen until or unless your recovery is not integrated properly.You might probably face a black screen though.
23rd June 2014, 07:48 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

73 posts
More
I already flashed it and recovery is working but i got strange problem that after phone boot up 3 seconds or 5 then it gave the boot animation and open again then the same give the boot animation and open and still luke that until i flash the original kernel
so where is the problem?
to know that the cwm that i add is the same files that i removed from the original kernel except the etc folder that i add .
23rd June 2014, 10:36 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 6

27 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazem442

I already flashed it and recovery is working but i got strange problem that after phone boot up 3 seconds or 5 then it gave the boot animation and open again then the same give the boot animation and open and still luke that until i flash the original kernel
so where is the problem?
to know that the cwm that i add is the same files that i removed from the original kernel except the etc folder that i add .

you should not be adding etc folder... in normal boot /etc is symlinked to /system/etc
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1403467893991.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	10.5 KB
ID:	2813182

maybe add recovery folder put your files there and copy to /etc by using recovery.rc :|
23rd June 2014, 09:18 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

73 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by (_o)

you should not be adding etc folder... in normal boot /etc is symlinked to /system/etc
Attachment 2813182

maybe add recovery folder put your files there and copy to /etc by using recovery.rc :|

thanks for reply
and the kernel worked well after removing etc and add the file inside it in sbin folder
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread