Add Frequency Bands to Your Qualcomm Device

Those of you who travel quite a bit undoubtedly own more than one device due to frequency band … more

More Android 5.0 Details Revealed, Microsoft Band Fitness Tracker – XDA TV

Google talks more about Android 5.0 Lollipop! That and much … more

Google Allows Search Queries To Interact With Apps

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings lots of new features that are quite useful for end users and … more

Lenovo Officially Owns Motorola, Following ~$3 Billion Deal

Google is now officially no longer the owner of American phone manufacturer … more

[Q] Unable to turn on my Samsung Galaxy Y

OP Vulcanized_Goat

19th July 2014, 10:31 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Each time I try turning on my phone the Samsung Galaxy Y logo appears, stays frozen for about 10 minutes, then eventually turns off again. Even when I charge my phone the battery graphic on the screen stays frozen.

A month prior to this issue I had to do a factory reset due to some storage problems and because my running applications kept shutting down arbitrarily. And shortly before my phone was no longer able to turn on again, I received a notice saying I had several viruses on my device.

At this point I have no idea how to fix the problem. I'm technologically retarded, but I wonder: Can the problem be solved if I access ODIN mode and tap into the phone's system? How do I go about fixing the problem with ODIN mode? Should I install a different operating system? If so, how? I really don't know what I'm doing.
20th July 2014, 10:07 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 4

51 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcanized_Goat

Each time I try turning on my phone the Samsung Galaxy Y logo appears, stays frozen for about 10 minutes, then eventually turns off again. Even when I charge my phone the battery graphic on the screen stays frozen.

A month prior to this issue I had to do a factory reset due to some storage problems and because my running applications kept shutting down arbitrarily. And shortly before my phone was no longer able to turn on again, I received a notice saying I had several viruses on my device.

At this point I have no idea how to fix the problem. I'm technologically retarded, but I wonder: Can the problem be solved if I access ODIN mode and tap into the phone's system? How do I go about fixing the problem with ODIN mode? Should I install a different operating system? If so, how? I really don't know what I'm doing.

You can flash the stock firmware using ODIN. Your phone will be as new as when you bought it. Follow this guide bu marcussmith2626. Good luck
Last edited by marcusflint; 20th July 2014 at 10:14 AM.
20th July 2014, 10:13 AM   |  #3  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 953

433 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcanized_Goat

Ok,i will try to be more simple

Download Odin (google it)
Download samsung USB driver for mobile phones from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=961956

Then Download your region's firmware from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2568853
Extract the zip in a folder.
Start odin.
Boot into Odin Mode by pressing power key,home button and volume down key.

Click on pda,select the pda.tar.md5 frm the folder
Click on phone,select modem.tar.md5
Click on CSC,select CSC.tar.md5
Then let the process complete.
It will reboot automatically, and you are done
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread