Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Can it be replace .apk in system/data?

OP indrakrisnadi

23rd June 2014, 10:25 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Bekasi
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
I install my new ROM (This the ROM: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2778909), but there is written that there is a bug in the com.android.phone application is experiencing force close. Can I replace it with another apk and I need to replace any apk so that I can use the phone app?

Thanks and sorry for bad english
Last edited by indrakrisnadi; 23rd June 2014 at 10:32 AM.
23rd June 2014, 10:48 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 2,563

4,763 posts
since its a port it depends what the dependences are and if another apk you replace it with contains all the smali and dependances to avoid other kinds of force closes

in other words - there is only one way to find out and thats to try and logcat the result
The Following User Says Thank You to marcussmith2626 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd June 2014, 02:26 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Bekasi

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcussmith2626

since its a port it depends what the dependences are and if another apk you replace it with contains all the smali and dependances to avoid other kinds of force closes

in other words - there is only one way to find out and thats to try and logcat the result

Unfortunately I am not very familiar with modifying a Custom ROM, if only I can, certainly I find ...

Thanks for your answers
24th June 2014, 01:33 PM   |  #4  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 1,345

2,294 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by indrakrisnadi

Unfortunately I am not very familiar with modifying a Custom ROM, if only I can, certainly I find ...

Thanks for your answers

Yes you can replace those apks with any of the custom ROMs out there.The fixes are yet to be released by me in a new build or in the form of a patch.Just wait for sometime till I fix the whole ROM.
26th June 2014, 11:15 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Bekasi

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aniket.lamba

Yes you can replace those apks with any of the custom ROMs out there.The fixes are yet to be released by me in a new build or in the form of a patch.Just wait for sometime till I fix the whole ROM.

Okay, thanks. Now I can call the app from another custom ROM, I wait for the update Fix because the UI of his ROM, great
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread