Gear 2 Neo and sweat?

1st July 2014, 09:07 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
Now that it's starting to get a little warmer here in Texas I've beginning to sweat a little more, since I work outside I've noticed when talking a phone call on my neo that the speaker is muffled do to sweat. I can blow out the sweat or tap it against my shirt and all is fine. What I'm wondering is how long before I damage the speaker? I'm thinking maybe I should stop wearing it to work, which would be a real bummer. Thank you for any input or info you have on this matter.
2nd July 2014, 02:22 AM   |  #2  
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 6

58 posts
More
Hey, I wear my to workout in, and do run in the Texas heat, and rain, and humidity. I noticed the speaker sounding weird while playing music, and it was really wet. It sounded fine the next morning, so I guess it dries out.
2nd July 2014, 04:59 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 410

1,375 posts
It's supposed to be waterproof, so I hope a little sweat won't ruin it...
I think it's just the effect of hearing the sound pass through the water...
4th July 2014, 05:48 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 14

96 posts
It will be fine I've worn mine since day one. I wear it while I workout for 2+ hours, when I walk my dogs and I've even worn it in the shower and all works fine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium HD app
12th July 2014, 05:33 PM   |  #5  
Flag Guelph, Ontario
Thanks Meter: 8

34 posts
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGG13

It will be fine I've worn mine since day one. I wear it while I workout for 2+ hours, when I walk my dogs and I've even worn it in the shower and all works fine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium HD app

Same here, I sweat profusely and have had only small connection issues with the charger, a little blow on the watch and it connects. How long will it last is another question but with the IP67 code it is supposed to last with water pressures so a little sweat (though being salty) should not damage it too much. On the other hand... we are just at the 1995 state of these devices and I expect to see great things in the next two years.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread