Thanks Meter 733
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Bunbury-Western Australia
Originally Posted by Binary100100
But... why would anyone want or need to do this? Just curious.
me lol, when beta testing a gear 1 or gear 2 accross multiple device like ios or cyanogen mod, each phone needs to reset the gear to pair with gear manager, and in devices like iphone gear manager isnt possible, so it takes first configuring in an android, then pairing to iphone
---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------
Originally Posted by javispedro
I figured out how to skip the initial setup wizard without pairing with anything!
I've tested on my Gear 2 and probably works on Gear 2 Neo too.
Instructions as follows:
- On the screen that says "Select the device you want to connect from the list", repeteadly tap on the "Gear 2" part on the top-left corner of the screen. I think you need to tap around 25 or 30 times.
- A popup will appear: "Please press BT address while 3 seconds".
- Wait a few seconds until the popup dismisses itself
- Now tap and hold on the "Gear 2" part again.
- After 3 seconds the setup wizard should disappear!!!!
If you mess up, tapping "Previous" and then "Next" again resets the counter.
wow dude awesome , thanks a lot, i can confirm this works on a gear 1 too
Rooted / UnLocked
Also S4 I9506 & S3 I305T
iPhone 4 ios7 jb
IPad mini ios 7 jb
x9 roms currently
Galaxy Gear 1 & Gear 2
SM-V700 / SM-R380
(not including iphones)