Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,924 Members 45,149 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Getting Tasker to work with the Gear 2

Tip us?

Kick8zz
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by alienmanam View Post
You shouldn't have to have a rooted Gear 2 for it to work. I believe the problem is that when you download the apk, it isn't downloading the Tizen equivalent to the watch itself. Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing and seeing if it shows up then?
Oh, that's probably why. I just uninstalled the LaunchGear app from my phone a re-installed the app. I got a "Failed to install app" message. But I can run the app from my phone. Does it mean it failed to install into my Gear 2 watch? I'm stuck now. Does anyone know how to fix this, or have the correct apk file? I cannot find it in the Samsung Gear Manager store. Please help...

alienmanam
Old
Thanks Meter 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kick8zz View Post
Oh, that's probably why. I just uninstalled the LaunchGear app from my phone a re-installed the app. I got a "Failed to install app" message. But I can run the app from my phone. Does it mean it failed to install into my Gear 2 watch? I'm stuck now. Does anyone know how to fix this, or have the correct apk file? I cannot find it in the Samsung Gear Manager store. Please help...
That is what the problem is. It is not correctly installing on your Gear. Have you updated the Samsung store? It should be called Galaxy Apps now. That might be part of the problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to alienmanam For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Kick8zz
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
That is what the problem is. It is not correctly installing on your Gear. Have you updated the Samsung store? It should be called Galaxy Apps now. That might be part of the problem.
Yes, I just checked my Samsung GALAXY Apps setting and it show I have the latest version "Version 14070105.01.021.1".

alienmanam
Old
Thanks Meter 104
Quote:
Yes, I just checked my Samsung GALAXY Apps setting and it show I have the latest version "Version 14070105.01.021.1".
What country are you in?
The Following User Says Thank You to alienmanam For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Kick8zz
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
What country are you in?
USA.
AT&T Samsung S5 Active.
Samsung Gear 2.

alienmanam
Old
(Last edited by alienmanam; 12th September 2014 at 11:08 PM.)
Thanks Meter 104
Quote:
USA.
AT&T Samsung S5 Active.
Samsung Gear 2.
Try using applauncher instead or one of the other app launchers available. Any of them should work.

Kick8zz
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Try using applauncher instead or one of the other app launchers available. Any of them should work.
Is that from the Galaxy App store? I cannot find it there. I even tried searching through the browser "apps.samsung.com". But no luck.

Google Play Store has a bunch of apps with the same name.

lordmorphous
Old
Thanks Meter 393
There is a problem with the S5 Active and apps in the gear store. I had the same problem. I remedied mine by rooting my Active and editing the build.prop to "trick" my phone into thinking it was a normal AT&T S5. The line you want to look for is ro.product.model=SAMSUNG-SM-G870A. Change the 870 to 900, reboot, and say hello to app availability.
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII on AT&T having lost my IMEI only once....so far...

Kick8zz
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmorphous View Post
There is a problem with the S5 Active and apps in the gear store. I had the same problem. I remedied mine by rooting my Active and editing the build.prop to "trick" my phone into thinking it was a normal AT&T S5. The line you want to look for is ro.product.model=SAMSUNG-SM-G870A. Change the 870 to 900, reboot, and say hello to app availability.
Thanks "lordmorphous". Do you happen to have the link to how to root my S5 Active? Also, if I root it will I loose any of the S5 Active features? Like the Activity Key?