Getting Tasker to work with the Gear 2

OP Medox2

26th September 2014, 07:14 PM   |  #71  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Thumbs up Thanks
This is brilliant, thanks so much for posting.

I modified the battery reporting task a bit by setting up 3 profiles in Tasker. One runs the Battery Level APP when battery is at 50%, one for 30% and one for 15%. So now my watch tells me when the battery reaches those levels. Perfect.

I've also managed to turn my "silent for 1 hour" task into an App which can now be called from the watch, together with a "resume volume" task/app.
My existing profiles for setting silent mode for various periods of time, including user defined and when calendar event is busy, have now got a Notify entry in them set at 2 minutes before the phone comes off silent. So I get a warning on the watch when the phone is about to go into normal volume mode, and if a meeting is running late, I can activate an additional silence period from my watch, rather than getting the phone out.

I'm sure i'll think of loads more applications for this setup
30th September 2014, 02:57 AM   |  #72  
Thanks Meter: 1

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdanonym

New Samsung Gear Manager, NO Tasker Notifications anymore...

When creating a new notification from tasker, i don't get it to show up on the watch anymore. And no buzzing also. But when i look in the message center on the watch, it is there.
Also not when i use AutoNotifications plugin.
Also not when i created an App using AppFactory which creates a notification.
These all worked before really nice.

I tried other apps, and these work. Just anything related to tasker not.

The only thing to get it working again, with a work-around, is using the plugin PushBullet. And enabling pushbullet messages in the Gear Manager.

Anyone else has this problem??? Or a solution???

You need to downgrade gear manager. I'm on the older one and it works as intended. I used the new one at first and it's just as you said. I think the push bullet work around should be fine.
30th September 2014, 05:42 AM   |  #73  
Thanks Meter: 1

7 posts
I was wondering if there was a way to install on the gear the apps made by tasker to control the phone.

I'm interested in installing them on the gear so that I can open them with the gear's S Voice.

I think it'd be cool to be able to control the phone with the watch through voice commands.
30th September 2014, 08:07 AM   |  #74  
Thanks Meter: 5

45 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medox2

The thread from @zzEvilGeniuszz could help: Samsung Gear 2 (Stock) Fully Working With Non-Galaxy. He said it's working for him. Never bothered with S-Voice too much as I don't want voice automation and it does not work on my gear but it seems to be possible. The other big thread about getting the gear 2 to work with non-galaxy also had some posts about s-voice working.

Brilliant! Thanks

Just wondered while going to work this morning if tasker could also remove the notifications, because Ns Auto Clear is not even rendered correctly on my phone.

I will correct the tutorials because it is much easier like this.

I do the same thing. But i wait for about 5-8 seconds before canceling. Just enough for the watch to wake up buzz and display the message.

---------- Post added at 09:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblahblaster

You need to downgrade gear manager. I'm on the older one and it works as intended. I used the new one at first and it's just as you said. I think the push bullet work around should be fine.

Yes, i already did this. It's was working fine directly.
Pushbullet is not fine, because there could be a long delay in there.
13th October 2014, 04:09 PM   |  #75  
Flag CBUS
Thanks Meter: 47

233 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leojab

Drop all this.. Use wearable widgets app found in samsung store to use tasker

Thanks! Works great on my Gear 1!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread