[Guide] [TW] [S Voice] Enabling Different Languages and Get Rid of the Robotic TTS

Search This thread
Sep 24, 2014
First of all, you must have a rooted phone. Don't ask how here.

Install Wanam's Language Enabler:
Code:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wanam&hl=en

Launch the app and select the languages you plan to use.

I selected English (US) [as a safe fallback] and English (UK) to replace the horribly robotic sounding English (US) TTS.​

Launch S Voice > Menu > Settings > Language > Choose your language!

Additionally, you may download high quality TTS voice packs for different languages. To do so...​

Launch Settings > My Device > Language and input > Text-to-speech options > Click Samsung text-to-speech "gear icon" > Install voice data > Pick one!

They are a bit large; English (UK) is ~117 megabytes, but it was worth it.​

I was struggling to find an answer for hours yesterday, and thanks to Wanam, S Voice doesn't sound horrible now.

Reactions: djbrotherson

mrmrmrmr

Jan 14, 2007
This is not enabling "any" language. It only enables languages that Samsung has released in its rom.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First of all, you must have a rooted phone. Don't ask how here.

Install Wanam's Language Enabler:
    Code:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wanam&hl=en

Launch the app and select the languages you plan to use.

I selected English (US) [as a safe fallback] and English (UK) to replace the horribly robotic sounding English (US) TTS.​

Launch S Voice > Menu > Settings > Language > Choose your language!

Additionally, you may download high quality TTS voice packs for different languages. To do so...​

Launch Settings > My Device > Language and input > Text-to-speech options > Click Samsung text-to-speech "gear icon" > Install voice data > Pick one!

They are a bit large; English (UK) is ~117 megabytes, but it was worth it.​

I was struggling to find an answer for hours yesterday, and thanks to Wanam, S Voice doesn't sound horrible now.