Gear 2 CSC/Region code

Search This thread

bukwit

Jan 28, 2005
London
Apologies if this has been mentioned before but is there a way of changing the Gear 2 CSC/Region Code? I have a Gear 2 (region TGY Hong Kong) originally purchased in Korea and would like to have the startup in English instead of Korean. It does have the latest NE5 firmware installed and I have used Odin to flash to the latest English UK BTU NE5 firmware but the CSC/Region TGY obviously remains there after flashing and so does the Korean text at startup.

Any help much appreciated.

Attachments

• kiesgear2.jpg
    kiesgear2.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 274
Last edited:

bukwit

Jan 28, 2005
London
I need to do some editing later. Il see if i can extract the csc from my watch. If its abke to and pack it into an odin flash able. But in the meantime try reverting back to an ealier firmware then uodating in kies

Thank you. That would be great. I'll read up on trying to downgrade firmware.

I've tried flashing TizenMod 3 then factory reset and again get Korean text at the beginning. So I've flashed the latest UK English NE5 firmware after that and again factory reset and the same problem persists.

Last edited:

gav83collins

I've tried flashing TizenMod 3 then factory reset and again get Korean text at the beginning. So I've flashed the latest UK English NE5 firmware after that and again factory reset and the same problem persists.

my csc is ne5 (xsa) but im still not sure how to flash that seperatly, or where to find it

im pretty sure, it comes built in with the stock firmware

did you have any luck reverting to an earlier version

---------- Post added at 05:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 PM ----------

try this one http://samsung-updates.com/details/27956/Samsung_Gear_2/SM-R380/XSA/R380XXU0BNDD.html

Antic

Mar 19, 2007
my csc is ne5 (xsa) but im still not sure how to flash that seperatly, or where to find it

im pretty sure, it comes built in with the stock firmware

It doesn't. And you can't change it by flashing diferent ROMs.
I had a similar problem when my watch was replaced under waranty. They gave me one with a CSC from another country.

There's a file in the watch that's responsible for the CSC. I don't remember exactly the name of the file or its location but I'll check it once I get home for lunch.

Edit: it's in /csa/csc/ if I'm not mistaken. I'm not rooted right now so I can't access that folder to be certain

Last edited:

leojab

Dec 26, 2011
Is this CSC code linked to some features as I have installed UK latest ROM on my UAE gear 2 and now i cannot get live call alert when phone rings. Please help