[Q] HRM Troubleshooting and Speaker Buzz

OP Epic Nightmare

9th July 2014, 10:46 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Neenah
Thanks Meter: 6

42 posts
More
Ive had the Gear 2 for 6 days. I bought it last thursday, put it on and paired it in the parking lot and then went to the gym. While riding the recumbent bike I noticed the heart rate monitor was accurate and matched up with the bike's up until around 125 bpm and then it would either give me the "cannot measure" error or would give back a really inaccurate reading... like 71 bpm when it should have been around 148-150. This has been the case every time i go to the gym, no matter how i wear the Gear 2, on the top side of my wrist or the bottom side. I actually live chatted with a Samsung Customer service rep and he told me to do a factory reset to see if that would help. I haven't gone to the gym to see if this helped.

Is this a known issue? I also shaved the hair off my wrist and am now wearing it a bit further up on my arm to test it again today when i go to the gym.

Also another question i had is when you turn the volume all the way up (level 6) when using the gear 2 as a speaker phone is it normal for the speaker to buzz slightly when a person is talking to you?
14th July 2014, 02:55 PM   |  #2  
Indianapolis
Thanks Meter: 46

71 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic Nightmare

Ive had the Gear 2 for 6 days. I bought it last thursday, put it on and paired it in the parking lot and then went to the gym. While riding the recumbent bike I noticed the heart rate monitor was accurate and matched up with the bike's up until around 125 bpm and then it would either give me the "cannot measure" error or would give back a really inaccurate reading... like 71 bpm when it should have been around 148-150. This has been the case every time i go to the gym, no matter how i wear the Gear 2, on the top side of my wrist or the bottom side. I actually live chatted with a Samsung Customer service rep and he told me to do a factory reset to see if that would help. I haven't gone to the gym to see if this helped.

Is this a known issue? I also shaved the hair off my wrist and am now wearing it a bit further up on my arm to test it again today when i go to the gym.

Also another question i had is when you turn the volume all the way up (level 6) when using the gear 2 as a speaker phone is it normal for the speaker to buzz slightly when a person is talking to you?

I have this issue for only a few minutes in an hour workout... but then it will go back to normal. I compared it to a strap heart rate monitor and it would stay +1-5 versus the strap. Otherwise it even gets up to 170 when I go hard. I usually start with it higher on my arm because my bone sticks out sometimes it doesn't get a good connection, but it usually falls and still tells accurately. Otherwise I would say it is accurate a majority of the time.
The Following User Says Thank You to smeiff For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th July 2014, 03:51 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Neenah
Thanks Meter: 6

42 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by smeiff

I have this issue for only a few minutes in an hour workout... but then it will go back to normal. I compared it to a strap heart rate monitor and it would stay +1-5 versus the strap. Otherwise it even gets up to 170 when I go hard. I usually start with it higher on my arm because my bone sticks out sometimes it doesn't get a good connection, but it usually falls and still tells accurately. Otherwise I would say it is accurate a majority of the time.

Yeah it must be how close I wear it to that bone. I actually took my first one back thinking there was something wrong with it... The problem is i have a big wrist... I think I will replace the band. Thanks for the reply!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread