Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,940 Members 46,256 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Which Method Fix your Camera Problem ?
replacing your watch !!!!! 1 14.29%
open it up and reconnect camera connector 0 0%
tap it on the floor , pillow , table , ... 6 85.71%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Camera Problem , HELP !

Tip us?

makinaking
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Camera Problem , HELP !

hi all , i saw 2 or 3 threads about this problem (Blurry Images and always in Macro Focus Mode !) but there isnt any good answers !
i live in iran and in a Rainy Day when im out i saw that my gear 2 camera is stuck in macro mode i've tried restoring , opening it up and disconnect and reconnect the cables , shaking it hardly ! , etc. but nothing changed !
also today i called the samsung service center in Tehran and they said : "Currently we dont support Gear 2 and Gear2 Neo !".
plaese help me !
thanks !

rlee008
Old
Thanks Meter 123
someone had the same problem and they tapped the watch on a tablet a couple times and the camera started working properly again... maybe try that?
" Dee Dee Dee, Here's your sign!"

Current Device: T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900T
Current ROM: Stock/ROOTED
Backup ROM: None
Kernel: Stock
Recovery: Stock B/L
Case(s): UAG Navigator (White) & UAG Outland (Orange) Highly recommended cases!
Watch: Samsung Gear 2 (Charcoal / Black) Rooted
The Following User Says Thank You to rlee008 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

makinaking
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlee008 View Post
someone had the same problem and they tapped the watch on a tablet a couple times and the camera started working properly again... maybe try that?
i tapped a lot bot nothing !
maybe i should try hammer !!!!!! LOL

raiu
Old
Thanks Meter 80

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlee008 View Post
Table, but yeah mine has worked fine since.
**Remember to give thanks every day your device works **

Tronicus
Old
Thanks Meter 3
have you considered it might be a hardware malfunction?

raiu
Old
Thanks Meter 80

DONATE TO ME
I actually was able to duplicate this issue. My first watch was doing this out of the box and I tapped it on the table and it started to work. I then took it to bb and got a replacement.

I have had the replacement about a week and went to replace the watch band and dropped the watch body on the floor from about a foot. When I got everything back together and went to shoot a few pics it wouldn't focus. Again another tap on the floor and it started working again. I think the cameras are really lose in the body. Contemplating weather or not to return it and get yet another one.
The Following User Says Thank You to raiu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

makinaking
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by raiu View Post
I actually was able to duplicate this issue. My first watch was doing this out of the box and I tapped it on the table and it started to work. I then took it to bb and got a replacement.

I have had the replacement about a week and went to replace the watch band and dropped the watch body on the floor from about a foot. When I got everything back together and went to shoot a few pics it wouldn't focus. Again another tap on the floor and it started working again. I think the cameras are really lose in the body. Contemplating weather or not to return it and get yet another one.
please upload a video when you tapping with full instructions because i tapped a lot but i don't know what is the best position for tapping !
thanks

raiu
Old
Thanks Meter 80

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by makinaking View Post
please upload a video when you tapping with full instructions because i tapped a lot but i don't know what is the best position for tapping !
thanks
Im not going to tap it again for fear of doing irreparable damage. I just lightly tapped the side of the watch on the floor.
The Following User Says Thank You to raiu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

makinaking
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by raiu View Post
Im not going to tap it again for fear of doing irreparable damage. I just lightly tapped the side of the watch on the floor.
WoW nice !!!!!
i can't believe my camera started working now !
I'm just put it on the bed on my pillow and tap it on the side with my hand and open up the camera and .... nice !
you better do this trick (put it on the soft material) because floor might scratch the side of your watch or maybe break it !

Thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:l augh:

raiu
Old
Thanks Meter 80

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by makinaking View Post
WoW nice !!!!!
i can't believe my camera started working now !
I'm just put it on the bed on my pillow and tap it on the side with my hand and open up the camera and .... nice !
you better do this trick (put it on the soft material) because floor might scratch the side of your watch or maybe break it !

Thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:l augh:
Its a weird issue. I think i'm going to go to best buy and talk with the samsung reps.

Tags
blurry, camera, focus, macro