Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
View Poll Results: Which Method Fix your Camera Problem ?
replacing your watch !!!!! 1 14.29%
open it up and reconnect camera connector 0 0%
tap it on the floor , pillow , table , ... 6 85.71%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Unhappy Camera Problem , HELP !

OP makinaking

23rd June 2014, 02:55 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Tehran
Thanks Meter: 2

42 posts
More
hi all , i saw 2 or 3 threads about this problem (Blurry Images and always in Macro Focus Mode !) but there isnt any good answers !
i live in iran and in a Rainy Day when im out i saw that my gear 2 camera is stuck in macro mode i've tried restoring , opening it up and disconnect and reconnect the cables , shaking it hardly ! , etc. but nothing changed !
also today i called the samsung service center in Tehran and they said : "Currently we dont support Gear 2 and Gear2 Neo !".
plaese help me !
thanks !
23rd June 2014, 11:04 PM   |  #2  
Flag Miami, FL
Thanks Meter: 123

575 posts
More
someone had the same problem and they tapped the watch on a tablet a couple times and the camera started working properly again... maybe try that?
The Following User Says Thank You to rlee008 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th June 2014, 09:51 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Tehran

42 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlee008

someone had the same problem and they tapped the watch on a tablet a couple times and the camera started working properly again... maybe try that?

i tapped a lot bot nothing !
maybe i should try hammer !!!!!! LOL
27th June 2014, 05:15 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 137

628 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlee008

Table, but yeah mine has worked fine since.
28th June 2014, 10:36 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 3

14 posts
have you considered it might be a hardware malfunction?
8th July 2014, 02:20 PM   |  #6  

628 posts
Donate to Me
More
I actually was able to duplicate this issue. My first watch was doing this out of the box and I tapped it on the table and it started to work. I then took it to bb and got a replacement.

I have had the replacement about a week and went to replace the watch band and dropped the watch body on the floor from about a foot. When I got everything back together and went to shoot a few pics it wouldn't focus. Again another tap on the floor and it started working again. I think the cameras are really lose in the body. Contemplating weather or not to return it and get yet another one.
The Following User Says Thank You to raiu For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th July 2014, 05:03 PM   |  #7  
OP Member
Flag Tehran

42 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raiu

I actually was able to duplicate this issue. My first watch was doing this out of the box and I tapped it on the table and it started to work. I then took it to bb and got a replacement.

I have had the replacement about a week and went to replace the watch band and dropped the watch body on the floor from about a foot. When I got everything back together and went to shoot a few pics it wouldn't focus. Again another tap on the floor and it started working again. I think the cameras are really lose in the body. Contemplating weather or not to return it and get yet another one.

please upload a video when you tapping with full instructions because i tapped a lot but i don't know what is the best position for tapping !
thanks
8th July 2014, 05:05 PM   |  #8  

628 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by makinaking

please upload a video when you tapping with full instructions because i tapped a lot but i don't know what is the best position for tapping !
thanks

Im not going to tap it again for fear of doing irreparable damage. I just lightly tapped the side of the watch on the floor.
The Following User Says Thank You to raiu For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th July 2014, 05:33 PM   |  #9  
OP Member
Flag Tehran

42 posts
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by raiu

Im not going to tap it again for fear of doing irreparable damage. I just lightly tapped the side of the watch on the floor.

WoW nice !!!!!
i can't believe my camera started working now !
I'm just put it on the bed on my pillow and tap it on the side with my hand and open up the camera and .... nice !
you better do this trick (put it on the soft material) because floor might scratch the side of your watch or maybe break it !

Thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:l augh:
8th July 2014, 05:36 PM   |  #10  

628 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by makinaking

WoW nice !!!!!
i can't believe my camera started working now !
I'm just put it on the bed on my pillow and tap it on the side with my hand and open up the camera and .... nice !
you better do this trick (put it on the soft material) because floor might scratch the side of your watch or maybe break it !

Thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:l augh:

Its a weird issue. I think i'm going to go to best buy and talk with the samsung reps.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
blurry, camera, focus, macro
Previous Thread Next Thread