[Q] S-Health Sync

OP Greatness83

31st July 2014, 05:24 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag *215* Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 72

456 posts
More
Hello all. Does anyone know how I can properly sync S-Health with both my Note 3 and Gear 2? The pedo readings are incorrect on by the watch and the Note. Is there a way to sync it to correctly work with each other? Would using gear fitness work better then S-Health?

Just looking for recommendations . If not can I disable the pedo on the gear because the Note 3 seems more reliable
31st July 2014, 08:41 AM   |  #2  
Flag Seoul
Thanks Meter: 25

72 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatness83

Hello all. Does anyone know how I can properly sync S-Health with both my Note 3 and Gear 2? The pedo readings are incorrect on by the watch and the Note. Is there a way to sync it to correctly work with each other? Would using gear fitness work better then S-Health?

Just looking for recommendations . If not can I disable the pedo on the gear because the Note 3 seems more reliable

To me it seems the Gear2 is more accurate. The pedo in my S5 counts steps ever time we hit a bump while I'm riding the bus. I use mine when I run and I have also noticed the 'distance' is way off. I assume it's because the gear only counys steps and the phone goes on both steps and GPS. When my Gear 2 Neo says im at 3 miles, the phone says 3.25. But if you go into settings in the S-Health pedo app on the phone, you can change which device the app uses.

Sent from my 'towelrooted' SM-G900K using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to 2ndcarpenter For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st July 2014, 10:53 PM   |  #3  
TN
Thanks Meter: 58

788 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatness83

I agree with the other guy...but all in all the Gear 2 sucks in how it tracks and the user above said the Gear 2 is just off so not sure how the sync will help. I tried jogging using the Gear 2 and I run a set course I know the mileage and it is just off. I run with my Note 3 phone anyway in a nice arm strape for it and I just turn RunKeeper on and give me true accuracy since GPS. I miss my Gear with had RunKeeper app so I could control from watch.

I think regardless how you sync you will find the phone and watch just way off track on S-Heatlth with the steps/pedometer. Disappointing

Sent from mobile...excuse typos!
The Following User Says Thank You to parcou For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st August 2014, 07:06 PM   |  #4  
Flag Seoul
Thanks Meter: 25

72 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by parcou

I agree with the other guy...but all in all the Gear 2 sucks in how it tracks and the user above said the Gear 2 is just off so not sure how the sync will help. I tried jogging using the Gear 2 and I run a set course I know the mileage and it is just off. I run with my Note 3 phone anyway in a nice arm strape for it and I just turn RunKeeper on and give me true accuracy since GPS. I miss my Gear with had RunKeeper app so I could control from watch.

I think regardless how you sync you will find the phone and watch just way off track on S-Heatlth with the steps/pedometer. Disappointing

Sent from mobile...excuse typos!

Same here. I use C25K and map my ride/run and even 'tracks', they are all pretty close. As you said, I run the same route all the time and I know where a mile, 1.5 miles, 2 miles and 3 miles is and the gear 2 is off. I've since excepted the 3 mile mark on the gear 2 only because I'm trying to run about 3.2 or a 5k. But I know what the problem is I've noticed it when I run. Im 6"2' I run slow and take fewer steps than the shorter Koreans and pass them. In other words the they 'look' like they are running faster than me by the amount of steps they take. I look like I'm only jogging and I catch and pass them. So basically I take less steps in a mile than they do. I think if you could actually calibrate the gear2 with the input of your height in the profile, it would be more accurate.

The Following User Says Thank You to 2ndcarpenter For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd August 2014, 06:49 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag *215* Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 72

456 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndcarpenter

To me it seems the Gear2 is more accurate. The pedo in my S5 counts steps ever time we hit a bump while I'm riding the bus. I use mine when I run and I have also noticed the 'distance' is way off. I assume it's because the gear only counys steps and the phone goes on both steps and GPS. When my Gear 2 Neo says im at 3 miles, the phone says 3.25. But if you go into settings in the S-Health pedo app on the phone, you can change which device the app uses.

Well my S-Health stopped recording my tracks anyway as of yesterday. Just stuck on 0

I couldnt find that setting in the pedo app, maybe because my S-Health is older than yours
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread