Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,680 Members 45,821 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Swimming with the Gear2 ???

Tip us?

BigDanInTX
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnderlR72 View Post
today i went for a 1h swimming stress test with my GearFIT.

I use a separate testing device, not convinced that you can run the GearFIT and GearNeo manager on the same device ... (see attachment)

For the test - 25m indoor pool, 22 Degrees Celcius, 1h breast strokes, the watch is constantly under water, not deeper than 1m. Time, tracking with Garmin Swim, Soundtrack Rolling Stones (see attachment)

Result, Display works great during the swim, clearly visible. The touch screen of the GearFit does not work under watcher. The watch works perfectly fine after the stress test. (see attchment)

Tomorrow i will be stress testing my Neo

/A
What headphones are you using? Are they waterproof or do they typically not get wet because of your choice of swimming stroke? I keep thinking I may want to listen to mine while I swim (Jaybird BlueBuds X). I also do breast stroke when I swim to avoid getting any water in my ears.

I keep wanting to try wearing my Neo while swimming, but I'm skittish. I'm looking forward to your feedback wearing yours.

Thanks.
Samsung Galaxy SIII | Samsung Gear 2 Neo | Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

AnderlR72
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDanInTX View Post
What headphones are you using? Are they waterproof or do they typically not get wet because of your choice of swimming stroke? I keep thinking I may want to listen to mine while I swim (Jaybird BlueBuds X). I also do breast stroke when I swim to avoid getting any water in my ears.

I keep wanting to try wearing my Neo while swimming, but I'm skittish. I'm looking forward to your feedback wearing yours.

Thanks.
i am using a sony waterproof (old school) mp3 player, works independent. From all the waterproof mp3 players that i tried this one works best and does not break.

In general Bluetooth does not fully work under water. It is a technical limitation. The water will absorb most of bluetooth signal, unfortunately.

/A

mak_huss
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxandzy View Post
how long? Sounds very exciting!
I spent almost 1 hour . more over, I realized it record the voice under water

AnderlR72
Old
(Last edited by AnderlR72; 14th July 2014 at 10:28 AM.) Reason: i pushed the button to fast
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default 2nd Swimming Stress Test with Gear2 Neo

2nd stress test today this time on the Gear2 Neo, same test environment than yesterday - 25m indoor pool, 22 Degrees Celcius, 1h breast strokes, the watch is constantly under water, not deeper than 1m. Time, tracking with Garmin Swim. Todays soundtrack U2 (see attachment)

Result: the watch works perfectly fine after the 60 minutes stress test under water. However, the touch screen does not work under water making it difficult to use a lap counter. Moreover, i experienced randomly applications going off, ie. remote and internal media player. I would assume that this is a result of the water pressure onto the display.

All in all, I do NOT recommend the watch for swimming workouts - there are more sophisticated watches, my watches (GearFit and Neo2) survived more than 60 minutes under water. From both watches, I prefered the swimming experience with the GearFIT better.

/A
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	before_g2.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	221.5 KB
ID:	2850482   Click image for larger version

Name:	After_G2.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	250.2 KB
ID:	2850483  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AnderlR72 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
gear2, swimming