Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more

Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Hands On – XDA TV

Perhaps one of the more peculiar announcements this year was the curved edge-screened … more

[Q] Swimming with the Gear2 ???

OP AnderlR72

13th July 2014, 03:58 PM   |  #11  
League City, TX
Thanks Meter: 34

148 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnderlR72

today i went for a 1h swimming stress test with my GearFIT.

I use a separate testing device, not convinced that you can run the GearFIT and GearNeo manager on the same device ... (see attachment)

For the test - 25m indoor pool, 22 Degrees Celcius, 1h breast strokes, the watch is constantly under water, not deeper than 1m. Time, tracking with Garmin Swim, Soundtrack Rolling Stones (see attachment)

Result, Display works great during the swim, clearly visible. The touch screen of the GearFit does not work under watcher. The watch works perfectly fine after the stress test. (see attchment)

Tomorrow i will be stress testing my Neo

/A

What headphones are you using? Are they waterproof or do they typically not get wet because of your choice of swimming stroke? I keep thinking I may want to listen to mine while I swim (Jaybird BlueBuds X). I also do breast stroke when I swim to avoid getting any water in my ears.

I keep wanting to try wearing my Neo while swimming, but I'm skittish. I'm looking forward to your feedback wearing yours.

Thanks.
14th July 2014, 08:05 AM   |  #12  
OP Junior Member
Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 3

22 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDanInTX

What headphones are you using? Are they waterproof or do they typically not get wet because of your choice of swimming stroke? I keep thinking I may want to listen to mine while I swim (Jaybird BlueBuds X). I also do breast stroke when I swim to avoid getting any water in my ears.

I keep wanting to try wearing my Neo while swimming, but I'm skittish. I'm looking forward to your feedback wearing yours.

Thanks.

i am using a sony waterproof (old school) mp3 player, works independent. From all the waterproof mp3 players that i tried this one works best and does not break.

In general Bluetooth does not fully work under water. It is a technical limitation. The water will absorb most of bluetooth signal, unfortunately.

/A
14th July 2014, 09:36 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxandzy

how long? Sounds very exciting!

I spent almost 1 hour . more over, I realized it record the voice under water
14th July 2014, 10:08 AM   |  #14  
OP Junior Member
Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 3

22 posts
More
2nd Swimming Stress Test with Gear2 Neo
2nd stress test today this time on the Gear2 Neo, same test environment than yesterday - 25m indoor pool, 22 Degrees Celcius, 1h breast strokes, the watch is constantly under water, not deeper than 1m. Time, tracking with Garmin Swim. Todays soundtrack U2 (see attachment)

Result: the watch works perfectly fine after the 60 minutes stress test under water. However, the touch screen does not work under water making it difficult to use a lap counter. Moreover, i experienced randomly applications going off, ie. remote and internal media player. I would assume that this is a result of the water pressure onto the display.

All in all, I do NOT recommend the watch for swimming workouts - there are more sophisticated watches, my watches (GearFit and Neo2) survived more than 60 minutes under water. From both watches, I prefered the swimming experience with the GearFIT better.

/A
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	before_g2.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	221.5 KB
ID:	2850482   Click image for larger version

Name:	After_G2.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	250.2 KB
ID:	2850483  
Last edited by AnderlR72; 14th July 2014 at 10:28 AM. Reason: i pushed the button to fast
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AnderlR72 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
gear2, swimming
Previous Thread Next Thread