FXP Team Delivers Lollipop to Various Xperia Devices!

From all of us here at XDA-Developers, we’d like to wish you Happy Holidays! If … more

Turn Your Camera Into a Live Puzzle Game

The classic sliding puzzle game hasnt changed much, if at all, over the years. Dating all the way … more

Samsung Begins Production of 8 Gb RAM Chips

With the release of Android 5.0, our favorite mobile operating system has become 64-bit ready. … more

CM, Micromax and OnePlus – Sales Ban Lifted

It’s less than a week since our recent in-depth analysis of the legal battle over the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Time to sell my Gear 2?

OP JimSmith94

24th August 2014, 08:35 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Irving, TX
Thanks Meter: 246

1,604 posts
Donate to Me
More
With the Moto 360 just around the corner, and the round LG R just announced, do you think the Gear 2 will take a price dump? I'm disappointed with the lack of Tizen apps compared to Android Wear, don't really use the camera, make phone calls on it, or use the IR, so is it time to sell now?
25th August 2014, 09:44 PM   |  #2  
Flag San Antonio, TX
Thanks Meter: 93

309 posts
More
If it's more technology than you need, why not? Sell it and get something better suited to your needs.
The Following User Says Thank You to RiverCity.45 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th August 2014, 05:26 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith94

With the Moto 360 just around the corner, and the round LG R just announced, do you think the Gear 2 will take a price dump? I'm disappointed with the lack of Tizen apps compared to Android Wear, don't really use the camera, make phone calls on it, or use the IR, so is it time to sell now?

After months of use, I can say I'm pretty disappointed by the Gear2. The notifications are great, but using it for responding/calls/etc is just too cumbersome and slow. The response time of the voice recognition is pretty much unbearable, the store is dead, the apps are severely lacking, and Samsung has pretty much forgotten about it. I'll hold onto it until it dies, or until a model much more improved comes out, which I'm thinking is quite a few years away.
The Following User Says Thank You to Revolver_OcelScott For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th August 2014, 05:29 PM   |  #4  
Flag San Antonio, TX
Thanks Meter: 93

309 posts
More
The Gear S will reportedly have a Sim card, which should free it from the cellphone tether that current models require.
28th August 2014, 07:16 PM   |  #5  
Flag Miramar, Florida
Thanks Meter: 218

1,139 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverCity.45

The Gear S will reportedly have a Sim card, which should free it from the cellphone tether that current models require.

I just read about this yesterday and am looking forward to it's release! I'm going to pass on the moto 360, a device a was very interested in at one point, because of it's lack of phone capabilities and camera. I luv those two features of my gear 2.
28th August 2014, 08:25 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Irving, TX
Thanks Meter: 246

1,604 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverCity.45

Wouldn't that require a separate phone plan? I'm on Sprint, which is CDMA, so I wouldn't even be able to use a SIM card. I don't really care for the looks of the Gear S anyway. The curved screen might be nice, but at least from the mockups, there is way too much dead space between the display and the bezel, plus it doesn't look like the band is replaceable.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread