Learn More About Linux with Linux Man Pages

Linux is quite a powerful and very configurable operating system. Thanks to some user-friendly … more

Detect, Avoid IMSI-Catcher Attacks with Android IMSI-Catcher Detector

Privacy is always an important topic, as well as a delicate one to … more

Materialized LeanDroid Fights Your Poor Battery Life

Battery life has always been one of the biggest problems facing most Android devices. … more

Bump! Workaround for the LG G3 Locked Bootloader – XDA TV

The LG G3 is a power house device. It’s been a favorite of many people. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Using Gear 2 with custom phone ROM?

OP c.com

10th July 2014, 06:19 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
First off, my apologies if this has been posted and addressed already, but I didn't find anything when I did some searches.

Here's what I'm running:
Verizon Galaxy Note 3 w/ Eclipse 2.0.1 (based off 4.4.2 NC2 for Verizon Wireless)

My phone is running fine. The Gear 2 is running fine. However, I cannot install Gear Manager - it downloads but does not do anything past that. Android Wear will install but will not connect to the Gear 2 - the watch is visible and the option to connect is there but it's on a constant "Connecting" screen.

What do I need to do to get this watch connected to my phone?

Thanks!
10th July 2014, 04:48 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 194
 
1,164 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by c.com

First off, my apologies if this has been posted and addressed already, but I didn't find anything when I did some searches.

Here's what I'm running:
Verizon Galaxy Note 3 w/ Eclipse 2.0.1 (based off 4.4.2 NC2 for Verizon Wireless)

My phone is running fine. The Gear 2 is running fine. However, I cannot install Gear Manager - it downloads but does not do anything past that. Android Wear will install but will not connect to the Gear 2 - the watch is visible and the option to connect is there but it's on a constant "Connecting" screen.

What do I need to do to get this watch connected to my phone?

Thanks!

I went through the same thing, basically you need to load a bunch of the samsung crapware to get it to work. I initially had my phone with no samusung software on it... downloaded gear manager... try to start it.. it would popup and then disappear.... the rom I use had an option to remove all the samsung stuff so I just did a dirty flash of the rom without running the slimfast file (remove samsung stuff) and then everything worked fine....
11th July 2014, 08:58 AM   |  #3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Unhappy Is there a list somewhere of all theSamsung crapware that needs downloaded?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gage_Hero

I went through the same thing, basically you need to load a bunch of the samsung crapware to get it to work. I initially had my phone with no samusung software on it... downloaded gear manager... try to start it.. it would popup and then disappear.... the rom I use had an option to remove all the samsung stuff so I just did a dirty flash of the rom without running the slimfast file (remove samsung stuff) and then everything worked fine....

I have almost the same situation as above, except my rooted 4.2.2 ROM is stock. I have a Galaxy S4 i337. I don't have the option of flashing any ROMs because bizarre as it sounds I have nooo recovery mode
, which probably has something to do with at& t's exploit-proof bootloader .
11th July 2014, 03:56 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 194
 
1,164 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by By_design

I have almost the same situation as above, except my rooted 4.2.2 ROM is stock. I have a Galaxy S4 i337. I don't have the option of flashing any ROMs because bizarre as it sounds I have nooo recovery mode
, which probably has something to do with at& t's exploit-proof bootloader .

No list that I know of but I am sure one exists. If you want to put a custom rom on your phone, head over to this thread. http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s4-att lots of at&t guys have done it but I don't know anything about that process other than they use something called saftey strap.... I have the Canadian version which has an unlocked bootloader....
12th July 2014, 03:58 AM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 37
 
1,503 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2006
I am still not been able to connect the phone with gear 2

I have posted the below pictures where it is trying to connect and then nothing happens



Let me know if someone will be kind enough to help me fix the issue
12th July 2014, 06:55 AM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 37
 
1,503 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2006
Bumping the thread if anyone can help
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes