Sony Xperia Z3 Lollipop Framework Ported to CM12

Android 5.0 for Xperia has a unique look and feel. You don’t have to get a Sony … more

Do You Use Recents as a Task Switcher?

Google introduced a revamped Recents interface with Lollipop in the hopes of making it easier for … more

YU Yureka All-in-One ToolBox (CM12S Only)

This packed toolbox by XDA Senior Member gohel.vishal makes many useful tweaks … more

Sony Xperia Z4 Forum Now Available

Sony’s Xperia line has seen plenty of development on XDA, and now that the Xperia Z4 has been … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Endomondo and gear fit

3rd February 2015, 12:54 PM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Constanta
Thanks Meter: 57

428 posts
More
Hi,i just bought this gear fit,it helps me keeping track on my daily activities (on the watch) and stuff like that but i hate that s-health or samsungs fitness app doesn't work on other devices (i have an LG G Flex). Then i found out about endomondo that they support the gear fit so i downloaded the app. After i installed it a new icon on the watch appeared called app connect and endomondo appears there, but when i press it on the phone i get the message Not a Samsung Device or something like that. Has anyone tried this app and can confirm that works with gear fit? Or is it because i have an LG G Flex?
Or does anybody knows any other apps that can make a graph for your activities and can connect to the gear fit?

Thank you.

4th February 2015, 01:44 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 22

91 posts
More
Endomondo works great with the gear fit. I think Strava used to support it but now does not. I do not have a supported Samsung device but I do have a Samsung phone and I had to change the build.prop file to get it working. I suspect you would have to do the same as in the link below. It may make any LG links unstable however. Copy original build.prop to your PC and if your phone hangs, after modding the file, then push it back using ADB. Good luck.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2718949
4th February 2015, 01:39 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 7

114 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevefwt

Endomondo works great with the gear fit. I think Strava used to support it but now does not. I do not have a supported Samsung device but I do have a Samsung phone and I had to change the build.prop file to get it working. I suspect you would have to do the same as in the link below. It may make any LG links unstable however. Copy original build.prop to your PC and if your phone hangs, after modding the file, then push it back using ADB. Good luck.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2718949

How is working great ? It doesnt show the heard rate or is showing to you ?
5th February 2015, 02:58 AM |#4  

91 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmenelau

How is working great ? It doesnt show the heard rate or is showing to you ?

It works with my ANT+ Garmin Heart rate monitor. It has 3 displays you can customize. See pic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-02-05 09.52.51.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	225.0 KB
ID:	3150460  
14th April 2015, 04:30 PM |#5  
Flag Ljubljana
Thanks Meter: 3

39 posts
More
Hey

Is it possible to use gear fit as instant heart monitor.
To enable working in aerobic area for example.
That means, that gear fit alarms when you are under or above aerobic state, (eg. under 120 hb/s and above 150 hb/s).

Thanx for any kind of help or suggestion.
15th April 2015, 03:37 AM |#6  

91 posts
More
If you set the Gear fit to track Exercise>Walking or Running, it will show a constant pulse rate but I see no where, app or other that will set HR alarm zones without using HRM, phone and app.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread