Micromax Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Gear Fit Develo-bility

OP GregBrimble

6th August 2014, 11:22 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
More
Just a quick question from a long time XDA post-reader, recently turned question-asker. I have done some development for Android, having created an app, and am aware of ROMs having flashed Cyanogenmod to my HTC Desire C and Kindle Fire HD 2012.

I love to tinker and really utilise a new device as much as I possibly can, and am considering buying the Samsung Galaxy Gear Fit. The only quam I have is the apparent lack of ability to create firmware and otherwise modify the Fit. I know the Fit runs an custom-built RTOS, and that it has a download mode where firmware updates can be flashed using ODIN or similar. Is there any way that a custom firmware could created, or modified from the original?

Furthermore, during my internet digging, I came across several sites proclaiming that Samsung have released an SDK for the Fit allowing rudimental custom notification pushes and similar basic functionality. Is there anyone that can vouch for this ability and support for the SDK?

P.S. As a new user I am unable to post external links. The SDK's are called Samsung mobile, and S Health SDK. A quick search on the Samsung developer site returns them.
7th August 2014, 08:11 AM   |  #2  
Flag Ružomberok
Thanks Meter: 258

1,105 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregBrimble

Just a quick question from a long time XDA post-reader, recently turned question-asker. I have done some development for Android, having created an app, and am aware of ROMs having flashed Cyanogenmod to my HTC Desire C and Kindle Fire HD 2012.

I love to tinker and really utilise a new device as much as I possibly can, and am considering buying the Samsung Galaxy Gear Fit. The only quam I have is the apparent lack of ability to create firmware and otherwise modify the Fit. I know the Fit runs an custom-built RTOS, and that it has a download mode where firmware updates can be flashed using ODIN or similar. Is there any way that a custom firmware could created, or modified from the original?

Furthermore, during my internet digging, I came across several sites proclaiming that Samsung have released an SDK for the Fit allowing rudimental custom notification pushes and similar basic functionality. Is there anyone that can vouch for this ability and support for the SDK?

P.S. As a new user I am unable to post external links. The SDK's are called Samsung mobile, and S Health SDK. A quick search on the Samsung developer site returns them.

They released Samsung Mobile SDK, but libs for Gear Fit are still missing. IMHO I think that they will never release libs for Gear Fit. It's more then 4 months from publishing Gear Fit on market. I don't recommend use this gadget witn non-Samsung mobile. With Samsung mobile everything was working very well, but now I have LG G3 and I can't use Fitness functions and also there are problems with reconnection via BT.
7th August 2014, 10:51 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
More
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by pRo_lama

They released Samsung Mobile SDK, but libs for Gear Fit are still missing. IMHO I think that they will never release libs for Gear Fit. It's more then 4 months from publishing Gear Fit on market.

Even the Accessory and Remote Sensor?
7th August 2014, 11:06 AM   |  #4  
Flag Ružomberok

1,105 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Even the Accessory and Remote Sensor?

I don't know much about this, but what I know is that libs for Gear Fit are unavailable.
7th August 2014, 11:47 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
More
Unhappy
Quote:

I don't know much about this, but what I know is that libs for Gear Fit are unavailable.

Thanks for your help.
7th August 2014, 11:49 AM   |  #6  
Flag Ružomberok

1,105 posts
Donate to Me
More
Much better choice is LG G Watch. I have Gear Fit, but with LG G3 are useless. So maybe I'll buy LG G Watch and sell Gear Fit.
8th August 2014, 12:36 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
More
Smile
Quote:

Much better choice is LG G Watch. I have Gear Fit, but with LG G3 are useless. So maybe I'll buy LG G Watch and sell Gear Fit.

I prefer the band to a square face though, and the heart rate monitor looks useful.
8th August 2014, 07:54 AM   |  #8  
Flag Ružomberok

1,105 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I prefer the band to a square face though, and the heart rate monitor looks useful.

Heartrate is the worst function that Gear Fit had. Because is inaccurate and useless at all. You can read a lot about this at the community G+.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread