Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,802,957 Members 39,688 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Power/Sleep button not working on Gear Fit

Tip us?

logicbomb.de
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Power/Sleep button not working on Gear Fit

Hey everyone, all of a sudden, the power/sleep button on my gear fit seems to not work at all....

has anyone else experienced this or have any suggestions?

gonna try and run the battery down and then attach it to the charger, but afraid that it will no longer turn back on if I do that

its been about a months since I bought it so I won't be able to return it unless I buy a new one and do a dishonest switcharoo

Everything about the watch appears to be working properly except for the fact that the power sleep

no damage or anything

any suggestions?

TheFletch
Old
Thanks Meter 25

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by logicbomb.de View Post
Hey everyone, all of a sudden, the power/sleep button on my gear fit seems to not work at all....

has anyone else experienced this or have any suggestions?

gonna try and run the battery down and then attach it to the charger, but afraid that it will no longer turn back on if I do that

its been about a months since I bought it so I won't be able to return it unless I buy a new one and do a dishonest switcharoo

Everything about the watch appears to be working properly except for the fact that the power sleep

no damage or anything

any suggestions?
That happened to me a month or so ago. Just hold down the power button for twenty seconds or more. Eventually it will totally power off. All worked when I powered it back up. Hope it works for you.

From my Galaxy Note 2
The Following User Says Thank You to TheFletch For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

logicbomb.de
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFletch View Post
That happened to me a month or so ago. Just hold down the power button for twenty seconds or more. Eventually it will totally power off. All worked when I powered it back up. Hope it works for you.

From my Galaxy Note 2
Hey that worked!

you're a life saver lol

i'm sure I would have tried that eventually but thanks again for your quick help!

TheFletch
Old
Thanks Meter 25

DONATE TO ME
Glad it worked for you too. It took me forever to try holding the button down for so long. Live and learn.
L.

dmcgeogs
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Same thing happened mine. I had to send it to repair and they replaced it

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Free mobile app