FORUMS

Xiaomi Sold 34.7 Million Phones In 6 Months

2015 has been a phenomenal year for Xiaomi so far. With a stellar rise in 2014, 2015 saw … more

Sprint Reacts To Jab From T-Mobile

America’s cellular network space has always been a battle of the big four: Verizon, AT&T, … more

Floating Apps with Rovers – XDA App Review

There are a lot of great launchers to help customize your phone. Some Launchers allow … more

What Features Do You Look for in a Gallery App?

With so many different options to choose from, finding the right Gallery app may be a … more

[Q&A] Samsung Gear Fit SDK Available

n/a posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By QA Bot, Guest on 1st November 2014, 05:18 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Q&A for Samsung Gear Fit SDK Available

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer.

Before posting, please use the forum search and read through the discussion thread for Samsung Gear Fit SDK Available. If you can't find an answer, post it here, being sure to give as much information as possible (firmware version, steps to reproduce, logcat if available) so that you can get help.

Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy!

1st November 2014, 05:18 PM |#2  

More
Help with causing vibration
Quote:
Originally Posted by zwegnet

Since i work only with Android Studio only thing i can make is to send you the proyect with a working code for Android Studio and the imported library.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwegnet

Since i work only with Android Studio only thing i can make is to send you the proyect with a working code for Android Studio and the imported library.

I can't find anything in the samsung CUP documentation provided in your cup library download you gave us , or in the official documentation about how to add vibration as a property to the alert, or notification, or how to "officially" use the android CUP stuff to cause say, a custom alarm.

Say if I wanted to create a customizable alarm app that is compatible with CUP and the gear fit for instance, and I want to send a vibration (type) of notification to the gear fit which causes it to vibrate for a long period of time..

(without stopping) until say a menu item is pressed on the fit.
How would I do that?
Is such a thing possible for third party developers? Please help me.
THanks.
13th December 2014, 11:26 AM |#3  

More
raw sensors from samsung gear fit
is it possible to get raw 3D accelerometer and gyroscope signals from samsung gear fit ?
if so how ?
17th December 2014, 07:15 AM |#4  

More
Any possibility to add vertical aka portrait mode?
Dear zwegnet,

First of all thank you so much for your effort to enable Gear Fit development by providing CUP SDK.

It seems 1.0 version of SDK was developed when portrait mode was not available on Gear Fit as it was added in some of FW updates. Thus, ScupDialog seems not to have any method to turn the picture or get current screen orientation.
Of course, maybe protocol itself does not have the command for this, but I expect there can be some way embedded into the protocol.

Is there any chance to investigate that and make new version of CUP SDK with screen orientation feature detection/change enabled?
28th December 2014, 12:58 AM |#5  

More
Problem with App Connect
Hello,
First of all thanks for that API, but I got one problem with it. When I use my gear fit app connect to run application it's doesn't provide any information that the application has been launched with the gear fit, it would be better if I could create a Listener or something like that because now when I use app connect it's run my application on phone and I don't know who started running the application, user on the phone or on the gear fit, if it goes from gear fit I would like to create Dialog on it, but when it's from phone I would like to only resume application, but didn't show anything on the clock, so use method onResume is not possible.
If you know how to solve this problem I would be very grateful.
Last edited by koko992; 28th December 2014 at 01:03 AM.
30th December 2014, 04:21 PM |#6  

More
How to run the app.
Hi,

I have made the app as per your given example. I have s3 (android version ) and gear fit. I have connected my gear fit with android.

After installing the apk in my phone, when I open it , it is throwing error "unforthunately fitapp has stopped".

Do i need some type of settings in my gear fit or s3?
28th January 2015, 02:01 PM |#7  

More
Trouble with Gear Fit CUP SDK Example
I grabbed the example App "CUP_SDK_SAMSUNGINTERNAL.zip" from here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/gear-fit/development/samsung-gear-fit-sdk-available-t2872803

When I open the example in Android Studio as an Android Studio project it creates a Gradle App is that what it is supposed to do? If so is there a way to run an Android app like that? There are no android packages visible.
31st January 2015, 04:58 PM |#8  

More
how start the apps in gear fit manager?
Once created the app in eclipse and installed the apk in the phone, how to start it in gear fit? just connect to gear fit and start the app?
Thanks for the sdk!!!
7th February 2015, 10:08 PM |#9  

More
CUP SDK Samsung Gear Fit
On the Gear Fit, Is there a way to listen broadcasts associated with the GEAR FIT power button. I would like to tie an event to multiple button presses just like the emergency messaging "SAFETY ASSISTANCE Send help messages"?
1st April 2015, 08:17 AM |#10  
Flag Jihlava

More
Quote:

Hi,
would it be possible to get the raw accelerometer data from the gear fit whit that?

Thanks,
mac

Hi

No, it's not posible. Samsung CUP is only for creating user interface of Gear Fit Apps.
At this time only Samsung apps (S-Health, Fitness, ..?) have access to device sensors.
Last edited by m.itter; 1st April 2015 at 08:20 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
auto-qa
Previous Thread Next Thread