Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

XDA and Leaseweb: Server Trial/Moto 360 Contest (Winners!)

About a month ago, we held a contest along with XDA’s host, Leaseweb, to … more

Updated Android Lollipop Preview Images – XDA TV

The Android Lollipop Preview Images are now available! That and much more news is … more
Post Reply

How to make gear fit clock app

OP devAsterisk

1st September 2014, 04:14 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
Hello, XDA users!

It introduces a very very small project that I wrote.

It is obtained by reconstructing clock app simply by reversing the Gear Fit Manager app provided essentially.
You are able to create your own clock by changing only resources(clock.zip) in asset folder.
It is a sample project of a kind.

https://code.google.com/p/clock-app-for-gear-fit/

I do not have enough design sense. Therefore, clock that is included in the sample is ugly
But, you will be able to create a lot of nice clocks.
if you share your own clock, and I & other gear fit users are really happy.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to devAsterisk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd September 2014, 05:48 AM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
25 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
This is just what I was looking for... except I dont know how to use it. Can you explain more?
4th September 2014, 08:17 AM   |  #3  
sandhu4's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
44 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
thanks for sharing.. i was also looking for that...
4th September 2014, 09:52 AM   |  #4  
Junior Member
Flag Mondragone
Thanks Meter: 1
 
13 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
Thx for sharing! Can you make a package of the "text-clock"?

8th September 2014, 10:51 AM   |  #5  
sandhu4's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
44 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by devAsterisk

Hello, XDA users!

It introduces a very very small project that I wrote.

It is obtained by reconstructing clock app simply by reversing the Gear Fit Manager app provided essentially.
You are able to create your own clock by changing only resources(clock.zip) in asset folder.
It is a sample project of a kind.

https://code.google.com/p/clock-app-for-gear-fit/

I do not have enough design sense. Therefore, clock that is included in the sample is ugly
But, you will be able to create a lot of nice clocks.
if you share your own clock, and I & other gear fit users are really happy.


hello Dev, relly help ful article, i made some clock from this sample code, all clocks are working, well, but one clock is giving error, "Failed to download the clock ", it does not upload on gear fit, do you have any idea why it is giving , this error, ??

Can the size of clock folder be the one reason for this error..??? because all other clocks are below 500 kb, first it was around 578 Kb, and i reduce some size , then 478Kb,... i have no idea why this error, hope you can help.. Thanks
9th September 2014, 12:39 PM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
111 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
Once I've replaced assets in the clock.zip folder, how do I install it? Do I rezip the "FlipClock" folder? Or make it into an APK somehow?
17th September 2014, 04:30 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragon257

This is just what I was looking for... except I dont know how to use it. Can you explain more?

Quote:
Originally Posted by -SAIUN-

Once I've replaced assets in the clock.zip folder, how do I install it? Do I rezip the "FlipClock" folder? Or make it into an APK somehow?

It s the source code of the sample project that made via google Android SDK.
If you don't know how to make android application, you must learn it first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by valessio

Thx for sharing! Can you make a package of the "text-clock"?

Sorry, I don't know, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandhu4

hello Dev, relly help ful article, i made some clock from this sample code, all clocks are working, well, but one clock is giving error, "Failed to download the clock ", it does not upload on gear fit, do you have any idea why it is giving , this error, ??

Can the size of clock folder be the one reason for this error..??? because all other clocks are below 500 kb, first it was around 578 Kb, and i reduce some size , then 478Kb,... i have no idea why this error, hope you can help.. Thanks

It's an Error.
This project(and Samsung gearfit manager) use the method of sending data in Intent.

But this is the limit of 500Kb. (defined on the Android kernel. more precisely, binder driver)
I do not know why Samsung is what made ​​this way

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Gear Fit Themes and Apps by ThreadRank