FORUMS

Themes for SM-N910U Exynos Note 4

Samsung has too many phone variants for their flagships, which leaves out users incapable of getting … more

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 26 – May 2)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more

Sunday Debate: Great Camera Hardware, or Software?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on phone cameras. Come with your opinions and feel … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (Apr 25 – May 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

How to make gear fit clock app

1st September 2014, 04:14 PM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Hello, XDA users!

It introduces a very very small project that I wrote.

It is obtained by reconstructing clock app simply by reversing the Gear Fit Manager app provided essentially.
You are able to create your own clock by changing only resources(clock.zip) in asset folder.
It is a sample project of a kind.

https://code.google.com/p/clock-app-for-gear-fit/

I do not have enough design sense. Therefore, clock that is included in the sample is ugly
But, you will be able to create a lot of nice clocks.
if you share your own clock, and I & other gear fit users are really happy.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to devAsterisk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
3rd September 2014, 05:48 AM |#2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
This is just what I was looking for... except I dont know how to use it. Can you explain more?
4th September 2014, 08:17 AM |#3  
sandhu4's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 21
 
More
thanks for sharing.. i was also looking for that...
4th September 2014, 09:52 AM |#4  
Junior Member
Flag Mondragone
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Thx for sharing! Can you make a package of the "text-clock"?

8th September 2014, 10:51 AM |#5  
sandhu4's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 21
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by devAsterisk

Hello, XDA users!

It introduces a very very small project that I wrote.

It is obtained by reconstructing clock app simply by reversing the Gear Fit Manager app provided essentially.
You are able to create your own clock by changing only resources(clock.zip) in asset folder.
It is a sample project of a kind.

https://code.google.com/p/clock-app-for-gear-fit/

I do not have enough design sense. Therefore, clock that is included in the sample is ugly
But, you will be able to create a lot of nice clocks.
if you share your own clock, and I & other gear fit users are really happy.


hello Dev, relly help ful article, i made some clock from this sample code, all clocks are working, well, but one clock is giving error, "Failed to download the clock ", it does not upload on gear fit, do you have any idea why it is giving , this error, ??

Can the size of clock folder be the one reason for this error..??? because all other clocks are below 500 kb, first it was around 578 Kb, and i reduce some size , then 478Kb,... i have no idea why this error, hope you can help.. Thanks
9th September 2014, 12:39 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
Once I've replaced assets in the clock.zip folder, how do I install it? Do I rezip the "FlipClock" folder? Or make it into an APK somehow?
17th September 2014, 04:30 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragon257

This is just what I was looking for... except I dont know how to use it. Can you explain more?

Quote:
Originally Posted by -SAIUN-

Once I've replaced assets in the clock.zip folder, how do I install it? Do I rezip the "FlipClock" folder? Or make it into an APK somehow?

It s the source code of the sample project that made via google Android SDK.
If you don't know how to make android application, you must learn it first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by valessio

Thx for sharing! Can you make a package of the "text-clock"?

Sorry, I don't know, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandhu4

hello Dev, relly help ful article, i made some clock from this sample code, all clocks are working, well, but one clock is giving error, "Failed to download the clock ", it does not upload on gear fit, do you have any idea why it is giving , this error, ??

Can the size of clock folder be the one reason for this error..??? because all other clocks are below 500 kb, first it was around 578 Kb, and i reduce some size , then 478Kb,... i have no idea why this error, hope you can help.. Thanks

It's an Error.
This project(and Samsung gearfit manager) use the method of sending data in Intent.

But this is the limit of 500Kb. (defined on the Android kernel. more precisely, binder driver)
I do not know why Samsung is what made ​​this way
30th December 2014, 04:04 PM |#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
how to run gear fit app
Hello,

I have on eclipse application made for gear fit, which should display hello.

But i am not sure how exactly will that application will work. As i checked online, and understood. Gear Fit has CUP browser over which app works. And our android device will have CUP server.

Will installing the apk generated on my android device will work ? Or any settings is required at the gear fit side also ?
Currently the apk when opens on my android device throws error " unfortunately the app is stopped".

Thanks,
Chetan
12th April 2015, 02:27 PM |#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Settings action
Hello,
do you know how to activate the "settings" option for this watch style like the "Watch Styler" app does?

Thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes