Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,802,957 Members 40,059 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Kit possible for after market battery?

Tip us?

AstroDigital
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 42
Default Kit possible for after market battery?

I read it is easy to replace the battery.
Do you think it be possible in time to get a larger capacity battery?

Berzerker7
Old
Thanks Meter 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroDigital View Post
I read it is easy to replace the battery.
Do you think it be possible in time to get a larger capacity battery?
Given the fact that it's not user replaceable and will void your warranty if replaced, I doubt we'll see any in the future.

Retired: Motorola Droid, HTC Droid Incredible, VZW iPhone 4 Black 16GB, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC Droid Incredible 2, Motorola Droid Bionic, HTC Rezound, Verizon Galaxy Nexus, VZW iPhone 5 Black 32GB, HTC Droid DNA S-OFF, VZW Galaxy S4, VZW iPhone 5S, T-Mobile Nexus 5
Current phone: LG G2, LG G3 on VZW

thaibruin
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker7 View Post
Given the fact that it's not user replaceable and will void your warranty if replaced, I doubt we'll see any in the future.
Well, I wouldn't say that it's not going to happen in the future. Plenty of people sell replacement iPhone batteries and that's certainly going to void your Apple warranty. The kicker though will be the demand. Once the Moto 360 comes out, I doubt a lot of people are going to care about the Gear Live anymore.

AstroDigital
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaibruin View Post
Well, I wouldn't say that it's not going to happen in the future. Plenty of people sell replacement iPhone batteries and that's certainly going to void your Apple warranty. The kicker though will be the demand. Once the Moto 360 comes out, I doubt a lot of people are going to care about the Gear Live anymore.
Did you see pictures of the rumored Moto 360 ?
Ugly..... I will never buy it even if it is going to be cheaper and the Gear Live and I doubt that my guess is maybe $300

And I mean rumored when is Motorola Mobility, or Google, or Lenovo every going to release the Moto 360?