Qi Charging adapter?

OP Daistaar

28th July 2014, 06:52 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 13

73 posts
More
Do you guys think they'll make a Qi charging adapter? The contacts would connect to the pins on the underside of the witch and the charging coils could just be covered by a black sticker. It could be like the S4 inserts for Qi charging. Wouldn't add bulk either. What do you guys think?
14th October 2014, 12:54 PM   |  #2  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daistaar

Do you guys think they'll make a Qi charging adapter? The contacts would connect to the pins on the underside of the witch and the charging coils could just be covered by a black sticker. It could be like the S4 inserts for Qi charging. Wouldn't add bulk either. What do you guys think?

I'm surprised a Chinese company hasn't done this yet. Qi receivers are easily thin enough and making a charging dock like a normal watch base with a Qi coil on top would be simple enough I think. There must be a reason this hasn't happened. I'd buy it for sure. I can't stand the stock charging cradle and I'm not spending $35 for a spare one either. That's highway robbery. I'd like to see this happen.
16th October 2014, 04:26 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 45

565 posts
The hardware needs to support it, but I am willing to modify hardware given to tools and instructions.
23rd October 2014, 04:03 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
I'd buy one for sure. I'm an avid QI user with a charger bedside, couchside, in home office, work office, and the QI car charger for my Note 3.

Please make this!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread