Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,351 Members 41,409 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Control Your Home Automation Devices Using Android Wear (Video)

Tip us?

jmed999
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Talking Control Your Home Automation Devices Using Android Wear (Video)

I finally figured this out. I have Insteon and Z-wave devices being controlled by an ISY controller (google these if you are not familiar). I basically used Tasker and the Mobilinc plugin to create a task to control my garage door. Then I created a tasker widget for that task on my phone. I then installed wearable widgets on my new LG G watch ( you guys could easily use the Gear Live) so any widget can be controlled on the Android Wear smart watch.

ie. This allows me to open or close my garage door with a single tap on my LG G watch or your Samsung Gear Live. You could control any home automation device or program you have directly from your smart watch running Android Wear!!!

This took my some time to figure out.

Hope you enjoy!!!

Home Automation / Android Wear Video
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jmed999 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

korben
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmed999 View Post
I finally figured this out. I have Insteon and Z-wave devices being controlled by an ISY controller (google these if you are not familiar). I basically used Tasker and the Mobilinc plugin to create a task to control my garage door. Then I created a tasker widget for that task on my phone. I then installed wearable widgets on my new LG G watch ( you guys could easily use the Gear Live) so any widget can be controlled on the Android Wear smart watch.

ie. This allows me to open or close my garage door with a single tap on my LG G watch or your Samsung Gear Live. You could control any home automation device or program you have directly from your smart watch running Android Wear!!!

Hope you enjoy!!!

Nice!! I've been toying with the idea of buying a smartwatch, just not sure which one yet. This is the kind of stuff I want to do though, and control my philips hue lights.

Now... if we could come up with a way to remotely execute powershell scripts on a server, I'd be a happy camper!

robber
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:

Hope you enjoy!!!

Very cool, you can really start to get an idea of how powerful this can be when you start daisy-chaining things together like this. I use IFTTT to set temp on my nest and also use hue control to control lights. Pretty coo, but what you are doing here has a lot more potential. I have been using Locale for years, but it is time to learn and understand tasker.

Thanks again
Complete Smartphone History: Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, Sony T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G, EVO 3D, Epic Touch, Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy Note 2, Nexus 5, Galaxy Note 3.

jimbohurt
Old
Thanks Meter 128
Quote:

Hope you enjoy!!!

Can you use commandr and then taskr plugins to be able to say 'okay google close garage?'
Samsung Gear Live

Galaxy s5 --- Stock Towelrooted --- !!ALL HAIL GEOHOT!!

NeXus 4: AOKP kitkat || franco.Kernel