Browse Your Files with Ease using MK Explorer

Google has made quite an effort in perfecting the powerful and multi-faceted OS that we know as … more

How to Fix the Nexus Available Storage Bug – XDA TV

Is your Nexus device only showing half of the available storage as it should? Many … more

Don’t Forget About Birthdays with Birthday Reminder

A person’s birthday is, without a doubt,one of the most important days in his … more

Don’t Fear Flashing with I Don’t Want You!

The XDA message boards are full of various modifications, with many of these helping … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Closed

Watch Band Replacement Gear Live

OP DanielWEWO

4th September 2014, 12:59 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 8

83 posts
More
Hey, I'm thinking about getting a watch band replacement for the gear live. I was wondering if anybody had replaced it and had any tips or recommendations for me. I remember hearing that you might not want to change it because of the shape of the watch itself, but I've seen some pictures and it doesn't look bad. Pictures are awesome too!
4th September 2014, 01:22 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

4 posts
I just did this a few days ago. It was really easy to take the old band off just with my fingernail, and any 22mm band should fit. Just make sure whatever band you get comes with the pins (or you buy a pair) to connect it to the watch. It's unlikely that you can reuse the quick release pins on most other watch bands.

The Following User Says Thank You to aaronl For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th September 2014, 01:54 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

83 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronl

I just did this a few days ago. It was really easy to take the old band off just with my fingernail, and any 22mm band should fit. Just make sure whatever band you get comes with the pins (or you buy a pair) to connect it to the watch. It's unlikely that you can reuse the quick release pins on most other watch bands.

Hmm. Doesn't look too bad in the photos. How do you think it looks, personally? I just ordered a cheap stainless steel watch band on eBay. I'll post pictures when it comes in.
Last edited by DanielWEWO; 4th September 2014 at 01:55 AM. Reason: images
4th September 2014, 03:39 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1

4 posts
I like it and think it looks pretty sharp. It does still look somewhat small compared to the watch, but the thing is huge, so I don't think there is any getting away from that!
4th September 2014, 07:45 PM   |  #5  
Flag Central Ohio
Thanks Meter: 39

310 posts
Donate to Me
More
Exclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielWEWO

Hey, I'm thinking about getting a watch band replacement for the gear live. I was wondering if anybody had replaced it and had any tips or recommendations for me. I remember hearing that you might not want to change it because of the shape of the watch itself, but I've seen some pictures and it doesn't look bad. Pictures are awesome too!

There is a thread for this already in the Gear Live Accessories forum: http://forum.xda-developers.com/gear...bands-t2802758
4th September 2014, 07:57 PM   |  #6  
OP Member

83 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnKuczek

There is a thread for this already in the Gear Live Accessories forum: http://forum.xda-developers.com/gear...bands-t2802758

That is actually probably a way better place for this thread. They've answered most of my questions already! Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to DanielWEWO For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th September 2014, 10:19 PM   |  #7  
Forum Moderator
Greensboro
Thanks Meter: 4,238

3,276 posts
More
Going to go ahead and close this, please feel free to continue this discussion in the above mentioned link

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android wear, gear live, replacement, samsung, watch band
Previous Thread Next Thread