Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Charging Pins causing rash on wrist?

OP motempo

23rd August 2014, 09:57 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Maumelle, AR
Thanks Meter: 20

132 posts
More
I purchased the Gear Live for my wife last month. Just last week she was traveling for work and sent me this picture of her wrist. The watch had given her a rash or skin irritation, possibly from the charging pins. I purchased a Gwatch a week after I got her Gear Live, and I don't wear it as often (usually just weekends). I know there was recently an update for the Gwatch to turn current off in the charging pins. I am wondering if the Gear Live may have the same issue that needs to be addressed? Has anyone else experienced this? Or should I contact Google/Samsung about a possible defective unit?
Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20140819_231544.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (203.3 KB, 112 views)
25th August 2014, 12:30 AM   |  #2  
Supposedly we got the same update. Hardly seen anything related to gear live, but that's not to say it wouldn't happen
http://forum.xda-developers.com/gear...ation-t2832318

If you got it through play store, contact google - easy and hassle free exchange from my experience
15th September 2014, 03:20 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1

19 posts
Copper allergie?
24th September 2014, 03:12 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 6

128 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by motempo

I purchased the Gear Live for my wife last month. Just last week she was traveling for work and sent me this picture of her wrist. The watch had given her a rash or skin irritation, possibly from the charging pins. I purchased a Gwatch a week after I got her Gear Live, and I don't wear it as often (usually just weekends). I know there was recently an update for the Gwatch to turn current off in the charging pins. I am wondering if the Gear Live may have the same issue that needs to be addressed? Has anyone else experienced this? Or should I contact Google/Samsung about a possible defective unit?
Thanks.

I too am getting some sort of rash on my wrist from my Gear Live. It didn't occur right away. I wore the watch for almost a week before it got really itchy. I don't think it's the electrical contacts but it might be. Or possibly the rubber in the band. Has anyone else had anything like this? What did you end up doing?
24th September 2014, 03:24 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Maumelle, AR

132 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris.wilcox

I too am getting some sort of rash on my wrist from my Gear Live. It didn't occur right away. I wore the watch for almost a week before it got really itchy. I don't think it's the electrical contacts but it might be. Or possibly the rubber in the band. Has anyone else had anything like this? What did you end up doing?

Had Google replace it. Second one did the same thing. Just sent it back for a refund. Maybe an allergic reaction to the material?
24th September 2014, 03:28 AM   |  #6  
Recognized Developer

128 posts
More
Quote:

Had Google replace it. Second one did the same thing. Just sent it back for a refund. Maybe an allergic reaction to the material?

Did you/your wife have a reaction to the LG G watch also or just the Gear Live?
24th September 2014, 03:31 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Maumelle, AR

132 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris.wilcox

Did you/your wife have a reaction to the LG G watch also or just the Gear Live?

She never had then gwatch. I do, no problem with it. She's getting a moto 360 when available again.
26th September 2014, 08:50 AM   |  #8  
Flag Redwood Valley, Northwestern California (Previous-Pocatello, Idaho(90-97)/Southern California(71-90)
Thanks Meter: 460

4,147 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallettguy

Copper allergie?

I wonder if it is a Copper Allergy.
29th September 2014, 11:33 PM   |  #9  
Recognized Developer

128 posts
More
Band?
Quote:

She never had then gwatch. I do, no problem with it. She's getting a moto 360 when available again.

It may have been the material in the band. I've changed the band and my skin hasn't been itchy in over a week.
1st October 2014, 02:40 AM   |  #10  
Flag Sioux Falls, SD
Thanks Meter: 16

136 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by californiarailroader

I wonder if it is a Copper Allergy.

Tough to be a copper allergy when the contacts are ENIG ( gold plated).

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread