Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,615 Members 46,309 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Disable Raise Arm Gesture?

Tip us?

rlabarca
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default Disable Raise Arm Gesture?

I'm perfectly happy with tapping the screen to view cards in order to save battery life. Anyone figure out how to disable the raising arm gesture?

gadgetgaz
Old
Thanks Meter 15

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlabarca View Post
I'm perfectly happy with tapping the screen to view cards in order to save battery life. Anyone figure out how to disable the raising arm gesture?
Swipe down from the top of the screen to mute notifications. This also disables the raising the arm gesture.
The Following User Says Thank You to gadgetgaz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rlabarca
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetgaz View Post
Swipe down from the top of the screen to mute notifications. This also disables the raising the arm gesture.
Wow that seems terrible. Do notifications still go to the activity stream on the watch, even if it doesn't alert?

gadgetgaz
Old
Thanks Meter 15

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlabarca View Post
Wow that seems terrible. Do notifications still go to the activity stream on the watch, even if it doesn't alert?
I just tested it with a text message. It seems that, when a txt message arrives at your phone, whilst the watch is muted, your phone notifies you as you would expect but nothing happens on your watch. However, if you tun the screen on the notification is there and you can read the text on the watch.

rlabarca
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetgaz View Post
I just tested it with a text message. It seems that, when a txt message arrives at your phone, whilst the watch is muted, your phone notifies you as you would expect but nothing happens on your watch. However, if you tun the screen on the notification is there and you can read the text on the watch.
OK great, that's actually not too bad. Thank you!