Galaxy Gear Will Not Stay On

Search This thread

Arguntom

Feb 5, 2012
So I purchased the Galaxy Gear on amazon.com and probably made a huge mistake my taking the cut rate route by purchasing the watch from Amazon Warehouse Deals. The watch came in pristine condition, no scratches at all, but the probable reason why the watch was returned became evident after my initial start up.

The main problem that I am having with the watch is that the device will automatically power down after a short period of time after entering 'dim' mode. I factory reset the device, and even entered recovery to perform a factory reset, but the problem still persists. I don't have much more information other than that. I tried changing the mode to having the screen turn off instead of entering dim mode, but instead of entering a standby mode the watch simple turns all the way off.

I do not think it is a battery issue (or hardware) because if I use the device normally it functions perfectly fine.

I called Samsung, after convincing the rep that the watch was new, she told me the only possible problem was that the internal settings within the watch were bugged or not set properly, and my only solution was to either exchange the product, or bring it to a Best Buy and ask the samsung rep there to reflash it. i wanted to ask here first to see if anybody knew any software tricks that could possibly fix the device.

AstroDigital

Aug 10, 2010
Normal for the Galaxy Gear, there is a forum for the Galaxy Gear not this one.
The Gear Live, allows you to select "always on"