[Q] Gear Live won't boot

OP enormous

2nd September 2014, 03:33 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag D.C. Area
Thanks Meter: 28

228 posts
More
I've had my Gear Live for about 3 weeks. All of a sudden today I noticed that the watch was getting hot. I looked at it and it was stuck on the boot screen (the one that says "Samsung Gear Live"). It just sat like that for a few minutes, getting hotter and hotter, and then it would shut down. If I press the power button it will do the same thing. I've tried charging it up (in case the battery was low, even though it was only off of the charger for about half the day), but it's still doing the same thing.

Anyone else experience this? Anything I can do to get to to boot up again?

Edit: I just found out how to reboot into the bootloader, but when I try to reboot into recovery it hangs for a few seconds, goes dark, flashes the boot logo for a split second, and then apparently turns off.
Last edited by enormous; 2nd September 2014 at 04:28 AM.
2nd September 2014, 05:36 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 2

25 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by enormous

I've had my Gear Live for about 3 weeks. All of a sudden today I noticed that the watch was getting hot. I looked at it and it was stuck on the boot screen (the one that says "Samsung Gear Live"). It just sat like that for a few minutes, getting hotter and hotter, and then it would shut down. If I press the power button it will do the same thing. I've tried charging it up (in case the battery was low, even though it was only off of the charger for about half the day), but it's still doing the same thing.

Anyone else experience this? Anything I can do to get to to boot up again?

Edit: I just found out how to reboot into the bootloader, but when I try to reboot into recovery it hangs for a few seconds, goes dark, flashes the boot logo for a split second, and then apparently turns off.

I'm definitely no professional at this, and I'm just taking a wild guess. If you have it on constantly, I'd just let the battery run out and keep it off for about two days or so.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread