Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more

Increase the Speaker Volume of Your Samsung Gear 2 with Tool and Tutorial

I think its pretty safe to say that any sound coming out of a … more

Unlock Hidden Camera Settings on Your Moto G

At one point in time or another, weve all gotten very fiddly with the camera settings on our … more

XDA Partners with LG for Developer Challenge

Many Android enthusiasts know the name LG. LG is the maker of some Google Nexus devices and some … more

Hope we get Watch Styler app

4th July 2014, 05:00 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 186

1,176 posts
Love changing watch faces on my Gear one and will like this watch styler app on our Gear Live watches. Go to gearfaces.com to check out some of the incredible themes.

Ian B
5th July 2014, 05:32 PM   |  #2  
Flag Plantation
Thanks Meter: 37

345 posts
Donate to Me
More
From what I understand the roms are being built by google and not samsung. So I am almost certain there will be a ton of watch faces and styler apps that will be created for all android wear devices. As much as I like my Samsung gear watch there are very limited faces and the styler app for it drains the battery super fast. I hope this wont be the case for android wear.
Last edited by das7771; 5th July 2014 at 05:33 PM. Reason: I can't spell
6th July 2014, 06:50 AM   |  #3  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 23

308 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by das7771

From what I understand the roms are being built by google and not samsung. So I am almost certain there will be a ton of watch faces and styler apps that will be created for all android wear devices. As much as I like my Samsung gear watch there are very limited faces and the styler app for it drains the battery super fast. I hope this wont be the case for android wear.

watchface API is now rolled out iirc, there's even a couple watchface apps in the market (or so it claims, haven't tested it out). Just found this one too: BCD Clock for Android Wear. I would suggest this google+ group for details, is where I found the above app.
9th July 2014, 01:51 AM   |  #4  
Flag Daytona Beach
Thanks Meter: 53

40 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TjPhysicist

watchface API is now rolled out iirc, there's even a couple watchface apps in the market (or so it claims, haven't tested it out). Just found this one too: BCD Clock for Android Wear. I would suggest this google+ group for details, is where I found the above app.

To my knowledge there isn't a public watchface API out yet. You can create really basic watchfaces, however unless you use a system certificate or the keystore used to sign the launcher you are unable to access the clockwork service. In turn this means you can't change the top card peak, or the status bar gravity. I played around with this quite a bit today extracting and decompiling the Samsung watch faces and ended up at the same place as Marcus Stahre with my watchface constantly force closing. (https://github.com/togi/android-wear-watchface)
18th July 2014, 02:10 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 64

101 posts
I plan to make it
For now, I have this app (released today) with 20 faces. You control it from your phone.
But soon, I will make something that allows you to choose step by steps the backgroud, font,...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...FaceCollection
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cyberniko For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th July 2014, 04:06 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 186

1,176 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberniko

I plan to make it
For now, I have this app (released today) with 20 faces. You control it from your phone.
But soon, I will make something that allows you to choose step by steps the backgroud, font,...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...FaceCollection

Thanks for doing it when you have time.

Ian. B
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread