Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,088 Members 39,480 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Hope we get Watch Styler app

Tip us?

Mr Ian B
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 183
Default Hope we get Watch Styler app

Love changing watch faces on my Gear one and will like this watch styler app on our Gear Live watches. Go to gearfaces.com to check out some of the incredible themes.

Ian B

das7771
Old
(Last edited by das7771; 5th July 2014 at 05:33 PM.) Reason: I can't spell
Thanks Meter 37

DONATE TO ME
From what I understand the roms are being built by google and not samsung. So I am almost certain there will be a ton of watch faces and styler apps that will be created for all android wear devices. As much as I like my Samsung gear watch there are very limited faces and the styler app for it drains the battery super fast. I hope this wont be the case for android wear.
Current Devices
TMO LG G3
Nvidia Shield
Nvidia Shield Tablet
Nexus 7 (2013)
Gear Live

TjPhysicist
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by das7771 View Post
From what I understand the roms are being built by google and not samsung. So I am almost certain there will be a ton of watch faces and styler apps that will be created for all android wear devices. As much as I like my Samsung gear watch there are very limited faces and the styler app for it drains the battery super fast. I hope this wont be the case for android wear.
watchface API is now rolled out iirc, there's even a couple watchface apps in the market (or so it claims, haven't tested it out). Just found this one too: BCD Clock for Android Wear. I would suggest this google+ group for details, is where I found the above app.

StevenMattera
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by TjPhysicist View Post
watchface API is now rolled out iirc, there's even a couple watchface apps in the market (or so it claims, haven't tested it out). Just found this one too: BCD Clock for Android Wear. I would suggest this google+ group for details, is where I found the above app.
To my knowledge there isn't a public watchface API out yet. You can create really basic watchfaces, however unless you use a system certificate or the keystore used to sign the launcher you are unable to access the clockwork service. In turn this means you can't change the top card peak, or the status bar gravity. I played around with this quite a bit today extracting and decompiling the Samsung watch faces and ended up at the same place as Marcus Stahre with my watchface constantly force closing. (https://github.com/togi/android-wear-watchface)
My Android Powered Devices:
TVs: 55GA7900, NSX40GT1
Phones: SGH-i337, SGH-i317, SGH-i717, A855
Tablets: GT-N8013, BNTV250
Smartwatch: Samsung Gear Live

cyberniko
Old
Thanks Meter 64
I plan to make it
For now, I have this app (released today) with 20 faces. You control it from your phone.
But soon, I will make something that allows you to choose step by steps the backgroud, font,...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...FaceCollection
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cyberniko For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mr Ian B
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberniko View Post
I plan to make it
For now, I have this app (released today) with 20 faces. You control it from your phone.
But soon, I will make something that allows you to choose step by steps the backgroud, font,...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...FaceCollection
Thanks for doing it when you have time.

Ian. B