Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,384 Members 43,887 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Charging Problems

Tip us?

KDLMaj
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default Charging Problems

So out of the box, this was fine. But while downloading its update, it suddenly crapped out on me. I assumed it was battery life, so I set it up to charge. I came back a while later, and it was overheating. So I unplugged it.

I can get it to start to turn on for a brief second, but then it stops. So I plugged it back in to have it charge, and the battery charge icon keeps flashing, but I can't get it to boot up all the way. Any idea what's going on?

KDLMaj
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
What was happening when you tried to charge it? Just nothing? The charging icon keeps flashing on mine, and it's getting really hot, but it's not turning on. sigh.

cool6324
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I'm having the same problem. I was using it and then it shut off while downloading the update. It never came back on. Google is sending a replacement. I'm so disappointed.

AstroDigital
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Mine I received and it was just plain dead.
Been it the charger hours, no sign of life at all.

They are sending me another ... disappointed as well.

leppam
Old
Thanks Meter 0
wow, looks like I have same problem, just received, gear live was downloading and all over sudden stopped, I am not able to reboot anymore, reacts on nothing, disappointed since will be such a hassle living in the netherlands...

Mihnea1996
Old
(Last edited by Mihnea1996; 16th July 2014 at 09:14 AM.)
Thanks Meter 9
Did you buy it, or is from Google I/O? What was the current version of Android Wear, and update to which version? I am asking because I ordered mine a Gear Live and I am scared about these problems. I hope that is a problem with first devices and that I have not spent 220$ for nothing...

Sent from my Nexus 5
Nexus 4 Black : Franco Kernel
Nexus 5 Black : Franco Kernel