Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,266 Members 41,337 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Wont get past initial setup

Tip us?

slimdizzy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 233
Default [Q] Wont get past initial setup

Got Gear Live and Factory reset to start the process. Installed Wear app and it sees and connects to Gear Live but get stuck on some "Downloading" part and it never finishes. Tell it to dont try and still same screen. Any one else see this?

Nexus 5 with L preview.
-------------------------
Main: Nexus 5
Other Devices: Moto X Stock Rooted, Galaxy Nexus - Dreams 4.4 KitKat, Nokia 620 WP8, Nexus 7(x2), HTC One XL, Nexus S i9020a, Acer A500, Galaxy Tab 7" (Orginal)
R.I.P Devices: HTC Desire (dropped down stairs), HTC 7 Mozart (eaten by aliens), HTC One X+ (sold)

novadaemon
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimdizzy View Post
Got Gear Live and Factory reset to start the process. Installed Wear app and it sees and connects to Gear Live but get stuck on some "Downloading" part and it never finishes. Tell it to dont try and still same screen. Any one else see this?

Nexus 5 with L preview.
You need to make sure that your phone is connected through wifi and not 3g/4g. I had the same problem. It needs to download the update no matter what, but since the update is so huge it will refuse to download if your connection is not wifi.

slimdizzy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by novadaemon View Post
You need to make sure that your phone is connected through wifi and not 3g/4g. I had the same problem. It needs to download the update no matter what, but since the update is so huge it will refuse to download if your connection is not wifi.
Thanks for the reply, I am on WiFi but will try on another network.

Cheers!
Other Devices: Moto X Stock Rooted, Galaxy Nexus - Dreams 4.4 KitKat, Nokia 620 WP8, Nexus 7(x2), HTC One XL, Nexus S i9020a, Acer A500, Galaxy Tab 7" (Orginal)
R.I.P Devices: HTC Desire (dropped down stairs), HTC 7 Mozart (eaten by aliens), HTC One X+ (sold)

slimdizzy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimdizzy View Post
Thanks for the reply, I am on WiFi but will try on another network.

Cheers!
Another network worked. Must have been some packet prioritizing on my works network or something.

Cheers!