Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Gear live dead on arrival?

OP markyboy81

14th October 2014, 04:02 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 24

218 posts
I bought a gear live from eBay and it arrived today. It was classed as 'as new' although the box was unsealed.
I tried switching it on straight away but it was completely dead. Tried charging it with included charger but nothing happened even after an hour. Tried my note 3 charger with the cradle and still nothing. Is there anything else I can try or do I just accept this thing is dead send it back?
There are no signs of damage and it looks completely new.
14th October 2014, 04:05 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 197

1,159 posts
I would think its dead it doesn't take long to charge up the watch
14th October 2014, 04:18 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

218 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mymeatb18

I would think its dead it doesn't take long to charge up the watch

That's what I suspected, thanks
18th October 2014, 12:55 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 34

150 posts
My first gear live worked for 2 minutes...then was bricked for no reason...no charging...nothing. my second one worked for 5 hours. I charged it overnight then the next morning the display was messed up...only displaying every other scan line and making text illegible. Hard reset plus long period of rest did not fix it. Both went back. My third arrives next week. I am assuming flukes since few others are reporting such problems.
18th October 2014, 01:12 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

218 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike infinity

My first gear live worked for 2 minutes...then was bricked for no reason...no charging...nothing. my second one worked for 5 hours. I charged it overnight then the next morning the display was messed up...only displaying every other scan line and making text illegible. Hard reset plus long period of rest did not fix it. Both went back. My third arrives next week. I am assuming flukes since few others are reporting such problems.

That doesn't sound good at all. Shame really as I prefer the Gear live over the lg watch but I'm not really prepared to pay 170 at the moment. got an lg watch yesterday and I'm quite pleased with it so just hoping the guy I bought the Gear live off does the right thing on ebay!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread