Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,599 Members 35,956 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can't reply to messages from watch

Tip us?

spadz93
Old
(Last edited by spadz93; 19th August 2014 at 06:15 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Can't reply to messages from watch

Weird issue ive been running into. I can use google now to send a text to somebody, but when somebody messages me (sms), i get the notification to read it, and then the options to reply, mark as read, call, etc. however, when i try to reply inside that notification (one swipe from right to left), the green check mark just pops up instantly, and the voice prompt doesnt even load for me to dictate a response to that message. anyone else running into this? if so, did you solve it and how?

More info on phone/watch:
-watch is running latest firmware as per samsung
-watch is paired to verizon galaxy s4
-s4 is rooted running Danvdh's KTU84Q (AOSP) ROM (8/10/2014) with the Ktoonsez kernel installed (7/12/2014)

EDIT: using 8sms from the play store, works perfectly in place of the stock sms app and looks the same as well

hungmung
Old
Thanks Meter 120
Here's the question is 8sms wear compatible because it needs to be to have the reply option on the watch.

spadz93
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by hungmung View Post
Here's the question is 8sms wear compatible because it needs to be to have the reply option on the watch.
Yes it is. Works perfectly as a factory sms application, and allows you to reply on the watch.
The Following User Says Thank You to spadz93 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xPhrostx
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Text Messages

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadz93 View Post
Weird issue ive been running into. I can use google now to send a text to somebody, but when somebody messages me (sms), i get the notification to read it, and then the options to reply, mark as read, call, etc. however, when i try to reply inside that notification (one swipe from right to left), the green check mark just pops up instantly, and the voice prompt doesnt even load for me to dictate a response to that message. anyone else running into this? if so, did you solve it and how?

More info on phone/watch:
-watch is running latest firmware as per samsung
-watch is paired to verizon galaxy s4
-s4 is rooted running Danvdh's KTU84Q (AOSP) ROM (8/10/2014) with the Ktoonsez kernel installed (7/12/2014)

EDIT: using 8sms from the play store, works perfectly in place of the stock sms app and looks the same as well
I used Hangout instead because there was no way to reply and no way to acknowledge the text, which made me pickup the phone every time.

Thanks for the heads up on 8sms.

This is on a stock Sprint Galaxy S5.