Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,702 Members 54,104 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Returning to stock

Tip us?

Tower1972
Old
(Last edited by Tower1972; 9th August 2014 at 06:36 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 201
Default Returning to stock

How the heck would one return the watch back to complete stock? Remove root...reinstall the stock recovery and the stock software? I see that Adamoutler has a post about pulling stuff off the watch but I am not sure this is what im looking for

Would flashing this "stock" firmware revert it all including recovery? Guess im asking here in case anyone has done it successfully

Looking into the file it does seem that the recovery is indeed included!
AT&T HTC One M8 ex-Harmon Kardon edition!
ARHD 10.2 Android 4.4.3!
Rooted, bootloader unlocked, SuperCID
TWRP 2.7.1.0
ex LG G watch, Gear Live and Moto360 owner lol

louistank
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tower1972 View Post
How the heck would one return the watch back to complete stock? Remove root...reinstall the stock recovery and the stock software? I see that Adamoutler has a post about pulling stuff off the watch but I am not sure this is what im looking for

Would flashing this "stock" firmware revert it all including recovery? Guess im asking here in case anyone has done it successfully

Looking into the file it does seem that the recovery is indeed included!
I'm looking for this too, mine is completely useless now, it's in bootloop, was trying Heimdall but failed to grab the PIT file... So painful.

Tower1972
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by louistank View Post
I'm looking for this too, mine is completely useless now, it's in bootloop, was trying Heimdall but failed to grab the PIT file... So painful.
I see more action in the LG watch forums lol...Anyway I think it will be up to us to figure this out and quite frankly I have NO idea wtf to do lol...Seems the stock files do include recovery and boot imgs BUT they come in the form of a .tar.gz file, which, after doing alittle looking, appears to be a Samsung restore file (duh right. My only experience with Samsung stuff was the short lived affair with a S4, which I HATED!). but the question is, how do we put all these img files (23 in all), into a nice single package that we can install from ADB since they seem to be fastboot files? As step 3 says according to KMyers:

3) Use the "fastboot boot <filename.img>" (replace this with the location of the extracted content from the zip file)
AT&T HTC One M8 ex-Harmon Kardon edition!
ARHD 10.2 Android 4.4.3!
Rooted, bootloader unlocked, SuperCID
TWRP 2.7.1.0
ex LG G watch, Gear Live and Moto360 owner lol

jdellingson7
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Default HELP!

I tried flash system.img from the Stock Firmware file that Adam Outler provided and ended up with the watch not booting. I just wish I knew what needs to be flashed and not. I have restored nexus devices in the past with the factory images provided by google but Adam's zip has a ton of different img files so its kind of left me clueless. Really need help with this too

louistank
Old
Thanks Meter 0
So far Heimdall can't download the pit file from my Gear Live and I wish someone here could help having it then I'll try to use the pit to try to flash again some img inside Adam's stock ones.

My Gear Live now only have Download/Upload/Recovery however, in Recovery mode, my ADB can't recognize the watch if choosing Sideload from ADB on the list from the watch. Thus Download mode is the only way now :'(

jdellingson7
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by louistank View Post
So far Heimdall can't download the pit file from my Gear Live and I wish someone here could help having it then I'll try to use the pit to try to flash again some img inside Adam's stock ones.

My Gear Live now only have Download/Upload/Recovery however, in Recovery mode, my ADB can't recognize the watch if choosing Sideload from ADB on the list from the watch. Thus Download mode is the only way now :'(
I was able to get my going by flashing the OctaRom .02 with fastboot. But still want to get back to stock

louistank
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdellingson7 View Post
I was able to get my going by flashing the OctaRom .02 with fastboot. But still want to get back to stock
Mine doesn't show the fastboot mode option. Only Download/Upload/Recovery. Only Download mode is working right. Recovery sucks

finalbillybong
Old
(Last edited by finalbillybong; 10th August 2014 at 05:19 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3
See here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/gear...guide-t2839323

Swiping different directions loads different modes.

Load fastboot and flash octamod v0.2 to system.

louistank
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalbillybong View Post
See here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/gear...guide-t2839323

Swiping different directions loads different modes.

Load fastboot and flash octamod v0.2 to system.
You saved my day. Awesome!!! Thank you so much...

louistank
Old
Thanks Meter 0
The Almost-Stock ROM KMV78Y is working well on mine now: http://forum.xda-developers.com/gear...sybox-t2834620

I'm not sure if it's truly stock or not but it's clean and stable. Flashing boot.img then system.img will go. The system.img from Adam package has problem, seriously doesn't work. Try octathorp's one.

Regards.