Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,036 Members 51,825 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Question about Google Fit

Tip us?

gadgetgaz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15

DONATE TO ME
Default Question about Google Fit

Is Google Fit active yet? I mean on the server side.
I ask due to the storage of fit data on the watch. I have set the watch to use fit for both steps and heart rate monitoring and I expected this data to be backed up to my Google account. However, after I did a reset of the watch all the data was gone and didn't re-sync as far as I can tell.

Any clues?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gadgetgaz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

FynxSyndct
Old
Thanks Meter 9
no clue, but my fit keeps going offline. it will log data for a day, then drop offline and miss a few until I open it again. Are you, anyone, having the same issues?
Current:
LG G3 - Vzw & LG Gpad 8.3 LTE stock & Samsung Gear Live
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 & Droid Mini - Stock 4 wife
May Ye R.I.P.

LG G2 - root'd on Sprint & Verizon, Nexus 7 32gb GSM 2012, Nexus 10 HTC Droid DNA, Droid Razr, HTC One X, Galaxy Tab 10.1 4G, Samsung Exhibit II 4g, S3 LTE, Nexus Galaxy LTE, HP Touchpad, Fascinate, B&N Nook Color, LG Revolution, Droid Eris.

gadgetgaz
Old
(Last edited by gadgetgaz; 20th July 2014 at 09:23 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by FynxSyndct View Post
no clue, but my fit keeps going offline. it will log data for a day, then drop offline and miss a few until I open it again. Are you, anyone, having the same issues?
I'm afraid not, no. Mine records steps every day (resets to zero at midnight) and also shows a vertical list of heart rate measurements.

The data is stored in the watch though not on Google fit. If you reset the watch it's all gone!

iboj007
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetgaz View Post
Is Google Fit active yet? I mean on the server side.
I ask due to the storage of fit data on the watch. I have set the watch to use fit for both steps and heart rate monitoring and I expected this data to be backed up to my Google account. However, after I did a reset of the watch all the data was gone and didn't re-sync as far as I can tell.

Any clues?
I have the same question. I have a new One Plus One and didn't want to lose all of my fit data when migrating to a new phone. Any clues here?

OnePlus One (64GB) Sandstone Black
Carrier: AT&T
ROM: Stock XNPH25R, Rooted, bootloader unlocked

LG Nexus 5 (32GB) Black
Carrier: AT&T
ROM: Android L, Stock ROM, Rooted, bootloader unlocked

Google Glass, XE V2
Charcoal

Nexus 7 32GB (2013)
ROM: Stock 4.4.4, unrooted