Replying to Texts While Paired to a Galaxy S5

25th July 2014, 03:35 AM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Contributor / Archivist-in-Chief
Flag Durham, NC
Thanks Meter: 2,219

3,202 posts
Donate to Me
More
Has anyone with a Galaxy S5 (using the stock Messaging app) had a problem with responding to SMS text messages from their watch? For me, I'm given the option to reply, but as soon as I do, it just shows the green circle with the check mark and says replied. No voice typing prompt ever comes up. Has anyone found a workaround? I really don't want to use Hangouts for SMS, or any other texting app for that matter, because the stock app integrates very nicely with the S-View cover window on the phone. Any thoughts? Suggestions? Workarounds?

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk
25th July 2014, 04:20 AM   |  #2  
Flag Dutchess County, New York
Thanks Meter: 1,725

4,358 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldblue910

Has anyone with a Galaxy S5 (using the stock Messaging app) had a problem with responding to SMS text messages from their watch? For me, I'm given the option to reply, but as soon as I do, it just shows the green circle with the check mark and says replied. No voice typing prompt ever comes up. Has anyone found a workaround? I really don't want to use Hangouts for SMS, or any other texting app for that matter, because the stock app integrates very nicely with the S-View cover window on the phone. Any thoughts? Suggestions? Workarounds?

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

8sms until Samsung updates the stock app to be compatible with Android Wear.

Sent from a Galaxy 5 light years away
28th July 2014, 12:59 AM   |  #3  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 34

496 posts
More
I have the exact same problem, using it with my GS5... The only work around i found is to use google now using your voice to reply...

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to big samm For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread