Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Workout mode

OP Hardcore73

1st July 2014, 03:09 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 96

667 posts
Does the Gear Live have a workout mode like running and cycling on my Neo 2? I use it everyday and have to have it on there.

Sent from my LG-F400K using XDA Free mobile app
1st July 2014, 05:47 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member

667 posts
I am sure it will eventually have apps like Runtastic and such that will work. Just curios if it has any out of the box.

Does this watch have built in GPS?
2nd July 2014, 06:42 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

25 posts
Gear Live actively tracks your steps & heart rate on-demand; no workout mode currently available. GPS data obtained from paired device. Fitness apps are forthcoming, for instance Viewranger is releasing app with Google Wear support http://www.viewranger.com/en-gb/abou...h-android-wear
2nd July 2014, 12:58 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

667 posts
Ok thanks for the info.

Sent from my LG-F400K using XDA Free mobile app
2nd July 2014, 07:21 PM   |  #5  
Flag Memphis, TN
Thanks Meter: 7

69 posts
More
I'm sure this will come very soon after release. I see it being a main focus with these devices.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
6th July 2014, 07:43 AM   |  #6  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 42

412 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by woedee

Gear Live actively tracks your steps & heart rate on-demand; no workout mode currently available. GPS data obtained from paired device. Fitness apps are forthcoming, for instance Viewranger is releasing app with Google Wear support http://www.viewranger.com/en-gb/abou...h-android-wear

Runtastic has now updated to support wear fully. It has cards (displaying the usual summary info you get on phone, or something similar to what it does on sw2 already). And actions such as pause, start, view map etc. In fact iirc they have updated their screenshots on google play to show off wear functionality.
7th July 2014, 07:18 AM   |  #7  

25 posts
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by TjPhysicist

Runtastic has now updated to support wear fully. It has cards (displaying the usual summary info you get on phone, or something similar to what it does on sw2 already). And actions such as pause, start, view map etc. In fact iirc they have updated their screenshots on google play to show off wear functionality.

Yup...it appears that apps are starting to receive AW updates. Another fitness app recently updated with AW functionality is RunKeeper - pretty cool app; it integrates voice control.
9th July 2014, 09:07 AM   |  #8  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 42

412 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by woedee

Yup...it appears that apps are starting to receive AW updates. Another fitness app recently updated with AW functionality is RunKeeper - pretty cool app; it integrates voice control.

Runkeeper vs Runtastic on AW...anyone?
18th July 2014, 06:04 PM   |  #9  

2 posts
too bad can't just do the tracking alone
Quote:
Originally Posted by TjPhysicist

Runkeeper vs Runtastic on AW...anyone?

it has to use the smartphone to tracking the activitys. can't use the android wear it self alone like fitbit, or gear neo.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread