Get a Complete Set of Logs with Andy Log

The importance of proper logging is undeniable. No, we’re not talking about lumberjack work. … more

Try Some Android Lollipop Applications on Your Device

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been officially announced and lucky users of Google Nexus 5 … more

AutoCon Manages Your Connections to Perserve Battery Life

As we’ve talked about in the past, battery life is still somewhat of a sore … more

How to Unlock and Root a Nexus Device – XDA TV

It is official–Google has released the Nexus 6 and the Nexus 9. The Nexus family … more
Post Reply

Workout mode

OP Hardcore73

1st July 2014, 02:09 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 95
 
631 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Does the Gear Live have a workout mode like running and cycling on my Neo 2? I use it everyday and have to have it on there.

Sent from my LG-F400K using XDA Free mobile app
1st July 2014, 04:47 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 95
 
631 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
I am sure it will eventually have apps like Runtastic and such that will work. Just curios if it has any out of the box.

Does this watch have built in GPS?
2nd July 2014, 05:42 AM   |  #3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
23 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2005
Gear Live actively tracks your steps & heart rate on-demand; no workout mode currently available. GPS data obtained from paired device. Fitness apps are forthcoming, for instance Viewranger is releasing app with Google Wear support http://www.viewranger.com/en-gb/abou...h-android-wear
2nd July 2014, 11:58 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 95
 
631 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Ok thanks for the info.

Sent from my LG-F400K using XDA Free mobile app
2nd July 2014, 06:21 PM   |  #5  
Member
Flag Memphis, TN
Thanks Meter: 7
 
69 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
More
I'm sure this will come very soon after release. I see it being a main focus with these devices.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
6th July 2014, 06:43 AM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 25
 
315 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by woedee

Gear Live actively tracks your steps & heart rate on-demand; no workout mode currently available. GPS data obtained from paired device. Fitness apps are forthcoming, for instance Viewranger is releasing app with Google Wear support http://www.viewranger.com/en-gb/abou...h-android-wear

Runtastic has now updated to support wear fully. It has cards (displaying the usual summary info you get on phone, or something similar to what it does on sw2 already). And actions such as pause, start, view map etc. In fact iirc they have updated their screenshots on google play to show off wear functionality.
7th July 2014, 06:18 AM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
23 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2005
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by TjPhysicist

Runtastic has now updated to support wear fully. It has cards (displaying the usual summary info you get on phone, or something similar to what it does on sw2 already). And actions such as pause, start, view map etc. In fact iirc they have updated their screenshots on google play to show off wear functionality.

Yup...it appears that apps are starting to receive AW updates. Another fitness app recently updated with AW functionality is RunKeeper - pretty cool app; it integrates voice control.
9th July 2014, 08:07 AM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 25
 
315 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by woedee

Yup...it appears that apps are starting to receive AW updates. Another fitness app recently updated with AW functionality is RunKeeper - pretty cool app; it integrates voice control.

Runkeeper vs Runtastic on AW...anyone?
18th July 2014, 05:04 PM   |  #9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
too bad can't just do the tracking alone
Quote:
Originally Posted by TjPhysicist

Runkeeper vs Runtastic on AW...anyone?

it has to use the smartphone to tracking the activitys. can't use the android wear it self alone like fitbit, or gear neo.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes